Spesh Transition upgrade...Yes really

So I’ve been out of racing a while. Many years ago, my first Tri bike was a Transition then I moved to Shiv S Works. Sold the Shiv, kept the Transition. It really has has always been most comfortable for me. At my age , I’m not really interested in a new (er) bike but am Thinking of just simply adding things like new bars to the Transition.
Suggestions?

I’m still riding a 2011 Transition. It is so dang comfortable! I will be curious to hear what the group has to say. I still have the same Profile bars on mine and would love to move to a more “modern” angled up position, but I think the bike is limited as to what bars will work with it. Which year do you have? That might help people make suggestions.

Cockpits are really the only big improvements since that bike came out. I really like the high sided arm rest of the newer TT bars, but I could see something like the big TriRigs being more comfy for longer distances.

The one thing to consider is that most modern cockpit upgrades are going to cost more than the bike is worth.

I rode my similar era p3 to a 2:03 bike split at Boulder this year. About as upgraded as you can get and it checks all the boxes of a newer bike except disc brakes. A new cockpit does a pretty good job of scratching the new bike itch.
https://i.imgur.com/mVpQpQV.jpeg

Do you have three stacked water bottles between your arms? If so how? And do you use them or are they just meant to replace the now banned bottles down the front of your kit?

Great to see the replies. At first I thought it may sound crazy but I’m really comfortable on the bike so hence the question.

One of my favorite bikes. I’d suggest looking at a tririg cockpit that you can adjust up or down as well as use their extensions. I think it shouldn’t be a problem with your setup

The biggest drawback of the Transition compared to modern bikes are the brakes and the tire clearance. If the brakes are in working order you’re fine, maybe consider Tririgs if they need replacing. Tire clearance is iffy above 25, so factor in how badly you want to invest in an old bike that won’t use the latest and greatest wheels.

I have a Transition from around the same year. I bought it two years ago. I upgraded the cockpit to the TriRig bars. It’s very comfortable and I really like it. I also run very old school tubulars. The TriRig bars made a huge difference.

RP

Brakes work well. I’m running Hed Jet 60 wheels with 25mm Conti 5000s w/latex tubes with no problem and it rolls really smooth. Had been running Reynolds but could only run 23s and maintain a smooth sidewall. Looking at the TriRig bar set up. I think I’ve squeezed out most aero gains except a bar upgrade so going that route and will enjoy.
Back to work on the motor.