Skipper shitting all over SRAM

Anyone watch his latest video?

I’d definitely enjoy having a beer with Joe. Maybe he had a few before he started talking about SRAM :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/zF9gIg6uILc?si=hxAiFe3J4-FPOPII

Truth on both!

Also thanks for the video, I’m unsure how to do it.

Ha, so will this be on the next social media rounds for Shimano.

Why Shimano? Cue Skipper

I recall at Nice he was having issues with a 2x set up. SRAM was sending him parts. Seems still had issues.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw this.

I recall at Nice he was having issues with a 2x set up. SRAM was sending him parts. Seems still had issues.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw this.
You are correct. He still blames his bike for the terrible ride he had that day.

Why Shimano? Cue Skipper

Yeah, before he raves about Shimano over SRAM, maybe he should try the Shimano power meter…

DOn’t get me wrong, I love my Shimano shifting, but you could not pay me enough to switch to a Shimano power meter over my SRAM (Quarq) power meter. He might want to think about his complaint there a bit. He sounds a bit stupid to people who know the real deal on power meters vis a vis SRAM/Shimano. Now, if he had an issue on that ride with shifting and was railing on how much better Shimano was than SRAM, it would make more sense.

He did both in the video. Started based off the 2x shifting.

1. His pm dropouts was probably more due to the watch and not the pm.

2. Shimano pm might be the worst pm out there

Another fully warranted dump on Sram:

Sram chain apparently only compatible with Sram cassette/chain ring

Sram chainring only available in sizing for sram crank

Sram cassette only available in XDR drive.

Once somebody buys a Sram bike they are locked into Sram wheels, cranks, chain, cassette, and chainring. Also important, all of these items are more expensive then Shimano’s and have near zero aftermarket availability.

I love me some sram but not for tri. Di2 is superior.

LOL. Although I think poor Joe needs someone to keep him company on his long rides to avoid the mind wandering to having a pint with either groupset. He seems very lonely (I am joking, insert your own pink formatting).

On a techincal point, not sure why he didn’t leave the Edge still recording in his back pocket.

My only opinion of Sram is based on the fact that I see various big name pros having issues that I’ve never had and they all happen touse Sram. So I don’t have a good opinion of it.

That said, when it comes to Joe, he seems to get lost a lot or have a lot of bad breaks. Like a lot of them. Which leads me to believe he’s kind of… I don’t know how to put it… But there’s just something about Joe Skipper that’s a bit dumbfounding.

My only opinion of Sram is based on the fact that I see various big name pros having issues that I’ve never had and they all happen touse Sram. So I don’t have a good opinion of it.

That said, when it comes to Joe, he seems to get lost a lot or have a lot of bad breaks. Like a lot of them. Which leads me to believe he’s kind of… I don’t know how to put it… But there’s just something about Joe Skipper that’s a bit dumbfounding.

Don’t worry, his luck is all changed for the better. The Spiritual Significance of Bird Poop: Myth or Reality? | HowStuffWorks

Once somebody buys a Sram bike they are locked into Sram wheels, cranks, chain, cassette, and chainring. Also important, all of these items are more expensive then Shimano’s and have near zero aftermarket availability.

untrue.

I’ve had a sram bike with an fsa crank & all 3 of my sram tri bikes I’ve used with HED wheels.

untrue.

I’ve had a sram bike with an fsa crank & all 3 of my sram tri bikes I’ve used with HED wheels.

I took some vernier calipers to Sram and Shimano/Kmc chains. Sram is 7.9mm and Shimano/KMC is 7.7mm. Not going more than 0.1mm on plastic verniers. Not staying out won’t work to a point, just that the oversized ruleeis going to introduce complications (such as accelerated wear, which may be offset by buying a more expensive Sram cassette/wheel/crankset).

The whole thing just reeks of market cornering.

Why Shimano? Cue Skipper

Yeah, before he raves about Shimano over SRAM, maybe he should try the Shimano power meter…

DOn’t get me wrong, I love my Shimano shifting, but you could not pay me enough to switch to a Shimano power meter over my SRAM (Quarq) power meter. He might want to think about his complaint there a bit. He sounds a bit stupid to people who know the real deal on power meters vis a vis SRAM/Shimano. Now, if he had an issue on that ride with shifting and was railing on how much better Shimano was than SRAM, it would make more sense.

Yeah. I just bought a new SpeedMax and they sent it with a Shimano Power Meter instead of the Rotor crankset. The Rotor isn’t much better but no way was I going to keep the Shimano on there. Glad they worked with me to replace it as advertised. I don’t know how there isn’t a huge lawsuit against Shimano at this point. Everything else is amazing but don’t release something if it simply doesn’t do the one thing it is meant to do!!! Especially when your world tour riders are so vocal about the PM being crap.

I’d like to try SRAM one day but not on a tri bike. I need things to shift like butter, save watts, and shift right every single time.

Dunno if it’s the case with 12 speed components, but 11 speed Sram was 100% compatible with Shimano.

In my experience it is also true for 12-speed. I have a non-sram; x1 chainring, chain (Shimano) and cassette (Shimano) and all runs great with a 12-speed force AXS rear derailleur…

there is one, and only one, problem with SRAM: the chain is not entirely immune from derailing from the chainring during a front derailleur shift. shimano has, and always has had, a strong edge on SRAM on FD shifting. but the gap has narrowed on that, and the derailing issue is the one thing. not speed of shift or shift under power or chain rub. just the potential for a dropped chain. so run a chain catcher.

i didn’t see joe’s comments about SRAM, so this isn’t directed toward joe, but anybody: if you prefer shimano, run shimano. if you prefer SRAM, run SRAM. i run both and i love both. if you feel the need to publicly rant against either groupset, it only shows what an idiot you are.