Rudy von Berg's new geometric bison frame paint job

with Rudy not having a bike sponsor this year, we had his frame repainted for him and surprised him with a geometric bison design we came up with. Was good to see him race well at Roth on it, despite crashing the week before.

IMG_0745.JPEG
IMG_0746.JPEG
IMG_0738.JPEG

Apparently the bees like it too!

Apparently the bees like it too!

so true, ha

I assume this is his old Trek with a new hairdo?

I assume this is his old Trek with a new hairdo?

I can neither confirm nor deny

but I can confirm which saddle he is riding 😉, and his uniquo custom aerobars.

Very cool. Bummer he lost the Trek sponsorship, but does seem to be a fast bike and a great looking setup.

Very nice

I have wondered where did he get the Nick name bison

Very nice

He went to CU Boulder and raced for their tri team and picked up that nick name there, named after their school mascot

Very nice

He went to CU Boulder and raced for their tri team and picked up that nick name there, named after their school mascot

The black and gold are CU colors. On the Roth stream I heard Belinda say he likes his demeanor to that of a buffalo; normally very laid back, but aggressive when provoked.

Let’s also take a minute to note how crazy it is that the 3rd place finisher at Roth doesn’t have a bike deal.

Let’s also take a minute to note how crazy it is that the 3rd place finisher at Roth doesn’t have a bike deal.

I’m assuming he could get some kind of bike deal, but the deal isn’t so great to tie himself down with requirements. I’m assuming brands are cutting back, but I have to assume he could have still worked himself a good deal with the right negotiation (couple free bikes + discount code commissions / appearance fees / performance bonus). But maybe it just wasn’t worth the work to him.

Rudy won a couple NCAA triathlon titles when he was a Buff. Makes sense of his name. I could not claim he is a “Buffalo or Bison” in any sense outside of that, he is pretty dang skinny. Maybe as strong as one, but resembles zero of a Bison outside of that. KB with his large frame/upper body is more Bison looking than RVB.

Rudy won a couple NCAA triathlon titles when he was a Buff. Makes sense of his name. I could not claim he is a “Buffalo or Bison” in any sense outside of that, he is pretty dang skinny. Maybe as strong as one, but resembles zero of a Bison outside of that. KB with his large frame/upper body is more Bison looking than RVB.

800M Olympian Nick Symmonds was also nicknamed “The Bison,” but because of his build relative to other 800M runners and running style.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WL0E5ZW2QXE/Uxng9CyBSBI/AAAAAAAAGCU/WBlfD3799PE/s1600/symmonds_moscow_final.jpg

He won collegiate nationals. Triathlon was not recognized as a NCAA sport back then.

He won collegiate nationals. Triathlon was not recognized as a NCAA sport back then.

Still isn’t for men :(.