Roka V huub v other wetsuits

Has any pull buoy swimmers had experience from going from 1 brand over the other and what the findings were? I have been using huub wetsuits (3rd one). I found the wetsuit great that said zip frustrations happened a few times (it’s the old aerious 2) and had enough.
Any recommendations on other suits (for those that have used huub and made a move) or vice versa and what they found

Have tried Huub, Sailfish and Roka.

Currently using the Sailfish Ultimate Plus, which I got with a very healthy discount. Also used the Varman. It was a toss up between the two but I sold the Varman in the end because I probably should have bought a different size.

I would choose Sailfish or Huub over Roka, just couldn’t get a fit in the two suggested sizes in Roka and they killed my shoulders. The Sailfish is magic, just super comfortable and helps me hold a good position. The Varman was also excellent, just not quite as comfortable in the shoulders and arms as the Sailfish. The Varman had a lot of buoyancy in the hips and legs, it sometimes felt like I might be a bit high in the water.

Going to name drop here but I was talking to Kristian Blu at a training camp and he used the Brownlee Agilis from Huub (before Deboer), but he said for many the Varman would be better. It seems the Agilis is extremely fast and flexible, but relatively delicate, which is no good where I swim with the amount of rocks and trees.

Had a B70 helix, moved to a HUUB something in 2015 or 2016. Swam in that 2 seasons then got an amazing deal on a B70 helix. Forgot I had the HUUB.
Just moved over to a HUUB Agilis.

The difference in flexibility between that and the B70 is night and day. The Huub goes on easier, comes off easier, the shoulder flexibility is night and day compared to the B70. The B70 feels stiff & clunky when compared.

Can’t really say which is faster as my swim fitness isn’t great. Just did a 4k OWS in the HUUB in 61:50 figure I’d have been about the same in the B70 given my shit swim fitness currently. I’ve never really had a problem swimming fast in the B70 nor my previous Huub

Since an injury ended me being able to race anymore I’m deciding if I sell them both or just sell 1 in case I do the S/B for some teams.

I did my own personal wetsuit showdown this summer. A Huub Agilis that is almost comically too big won. My full sleeve Roka was DFL. My belief now is that the Roka is more a sizing issue, even though it was bought according to the size chart and isn’t obviously too small. I’m not buying another to find out though.

I did my own personal wetsuit showdown this summer. A Huub Agilis that is almost comically too big won. My full sleeve Roka was DFL. My belief now is that the Roka is more a sizing issue, even though it was bought according to the size chart and isn’t obviously too small. I’m not buying another to find out though.

I know Roka allows trying and keeping or returning depending how it goes

Didn’t realize Huub did the same

I will have to give them a try

I don’t know that Huub does. The showdown was very expensive, I bought several new high end wetsuits, but ended up being worthwhile.

A lot depends on your body shape. I tried Huub womens S, fit me in the chest but was massive in the arms and shoulders. Tried Roka S and it fit me much better.

I don’t know that Huub does. The showdown was very expensive, I bought several new high end wetsuits, but ended up being worthwhile.

You are right

I just checked Huub does not allow testing

I got the ROKA Maverick x and 2 other high end suits tested them all. I was hoping the lower priced ones would be faster but consistently the ROKA was the fastest for me

Has any pull buoy swimmers had experience from going from 1 brand over the other and what the findings were? I have been using huub wetsuits (3rd one). I found the wetsuit great that said zip frustrations happened a few times (it’s the old aerious 2) and had enough.
Any recommendations on other suits (for those that have used huub and made a move) or vice versa and what they found

Have you checked out this thread yet?

I think I am going to order a Huub and a deBoer and test the. Against the Maverick x

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Deboer_wetsuits_P6914328/?search_string=deboer#p6914328

I just reread your post

I bought 2 ROKA suits. Same size.
Both fit great. The most expensive was much faster

Don’t know if you know it or not but ROKA allows testing in the water to find the best fitting suit and best model

Maybe I am a sucker I now have 3 Maverick Xs

One still in the box lol

What size were you I the Roka and what size did you go with in the Huub?

I’ve had a few Maverick and Xs but I never felt right in them…too much restriction in the shoulders. I have an Orca Predator now, flexible suit but I gain too much water in the neck and arms, and really delicate.

Did try on a B70 Helix and like DD mentioned, felt stiff in it.

What size were you I the Roka and what size did you go with in the Huub?

I’ve had a few Maverick and Xs but I never felt right in them…too much restriction in the shoulders. I have an Orca Predator now, flexible suit but I gain too much water in the neck and arms, and really delicate.

My Roka is XS and the Huub is a S. The Huub does feel like it takes on too much water initially, but feels pretty normal after you get going. Much much less shoulder restriction than the Roka. I also bought a Deboer 1.0 that was on sale. I was unable to complete my full set of tests on that one, but indications were that it is slower than the Huub for me. The Deboer has a weird design with arms that are crazy thin, not really neoprene. There’s no shoulder restriction as a result, but I wonder how much different it is than a sleeveless.

Thanks for all the comments. Based on what I am reading it seems like there is a concurrent theme on shoulder restriction based on feedback in and out of the forum i Am hearing on the Roka Maverick. There seems to be positivity on Huub and maybe I should roll the dice there again and look at a Varman (given I believe it has a bit more buoyancy than the agilis and cheaper).
Was there anyone with any further views on the Orca suits (sonar, 3:8?) relative to huub

To be fair to the B70, I never thought it stiff prior to trying on the Huub. Night and day difference in flexibility between those two suits.

Varman (given I believe it has a bit more buoyancy than the agilis and cheaper).

I asked Huub about the Varman having more buoyancy than the Agilis prior to purchasing, I’d probably read the same thing you did. They claimed this is not true, they are comparable in this regard, and said something about Agilis core panels being different, I can’t remember.

To be fair to the B70, I never thought it stiff prior to trying on the Huub. Night and day difference in flexibility between those two suits.

Brian, what sizes do you have int hr Huub and B70? Sounds like the Huub is more flexible all over, thus able to accomodate a great range in body mass. I have the new 2021 B70 in Medium and its tight on my 5-11, 173lb body.