Removing Crayons from a TV screen

Anyone have any experience doing this?

Goo Gone will take the crayon off. Most mild cleaners will take the goo gone off.

No experience, but let’s assume we’re talking about a large flat screen TV with a plastic screen.

Rubbing alcohol/isopropanol should get the job done w/out damaging the surface. Rub gently w/ a soft cloth.

DO NOT USE ACETONE.

I also suspect that products like Goo Gone, which are mineral spirits, will also damage the screen surface.

No experience, but let’s assume we’re talking about a large flat screen TV with a plastic screen.

Rubbing alcohol/isopropanol should get the job done w/out damaging the surface. Rub gently w/ a soft cloth.

DO NOT USE ACETONE.

I also suspect that products like Goo Gone, which are mineral spirits, will also damage the screen surface.

Samsung TVs have plastic screens not glass?

do any tvs have glass screens?

do any tvs have glass screens?

I am assumed they all do but perhaps that is just ignorance

I suspect that the screen will at least have an anti-glare coating which could be damaged by harsher solvents (like acetone).

Found this which seems logical, only they use EtOH instead of iPrOH.

Test a small patch down in a corner just to be sure.

If it’s LCD, then the screen is likely two thin sheets of glass with LCD material sandwiched between, but still may have a plastic anti-glare coating.

Otherwise:

Screenshot 2023-11-20 092950.png
Screenshot 2023-11-20 092950.png

TIL

“Yes, LED TV screens are typically made of glass. The glass is used as a substrate to hold the liquid crystal display (LCD) panel and the light-emitting diodes (LEDs) that provide the backlighting for the image. Some newer models of LED TVs also use organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) instead of LEDs. These displays use organic materials that emit light when an electric current is applied, so they do not require a separate backlighting source.”

This seems like a dumb thing to do, even for you.

Did you have lead based paint as a child?

He was telestrating Bears plays yesterday.

I hate to be the one to ask the hard question, but why are the children writing on the TV with crayons?

Deduct three points for poor execution

He was telestrating Bears plays yesterday.

Three points for good execution

Did Breezy get in trouble?

I have a babyfood jar in my garage with Mercury in it. Well actually the mercury is in another container, wrapped in some newspaper, inside the baby food jar. Got it from my dad. LOL

I have a babyfood jar in my garage with Mercury in it. Well actually the mercury is in another container, wrapped in some newspaper, inside the baby food jar. Got it from my dad. LOL

If that’s where you keep Mercury, I don’t want to know where you keep Uranus.

Did Breezy get in trouble?

Breezy is aware it should not be done again. Whether Breezy remembers or not TBD.

Why?

Why?

Why not. I have a 3"x4"x10" brick of lead

Deduct three points for poor execution

I for one found it to be well executed and highly amusing. It’s brilliance lies in its simplicity.