Rechargeable bike pump

Any suggestions for rechargeable bike pumps? This seems like the go-to for race morning bike pumps as well as the replacement for CO2.

Any suggestions for rechargeable bike pumps? This seems like the go-to for race morning bike pumps as well as the replacement for CO2.

The Fumpa pumps are great

I have a Fumpa mini pump that I have used travelling and at races for top-ups race morning for the last 3 years and it works great. (fumpapumps.com). The pump get really warm for a full tire inflations (zero air to 100 psi), but for a top up from overnight deflation of latex tubes its perfect!

Which version did you get for topping up race mornings? The minipump, the nanopump, or the regular fumpa pump?
And would your version top up 4 tires? would it be enough to fully pump a tire if I had a flat race morning?
Thank you!

Which version did you get for topping up race mornings? The minipump, the nanopump, or the regular fumpa pump?
And would your version top up 4 tires? would it be enough to fully pump a tire if I had a flat race morning?
Thank you!

I got the regular, I wanted to be able to see the pressure on the little screen as it’s inflating. The others do not have a gauge.Yes, it would top up 4 tires race morning no problemYes - I think my pump goes from 100% to 85% when starting from dead flat to 90 psi (23mm tube/tire combo)

Thank you!

I got the regular, I wanted to be able to see the pressure on the little screen as it’s inflating. The others do not have a gauge.Yes, it would top up 4 tires race morning no problemYes - I think my pump goes from 100% to 85% when starting from dead flat to 90 psi (23mm tube/tire combo)

This is really helpful. Thanks so much!

I have the regular version and it would do all the things you are looking at. Fumpa now has the smaller version of the pumps that also would look after your needs, these were not available when I bought my pump.

I haven’t used the Fumpa but I looked at them before deciding to pick up the Cycplus AS2 Pro.

Only had a few weeks so I’ve been using it to top off my tires so I could get a feel for it and don’t waste the battery on the side of the road someday. Seems pretty handy to me. Small enough to justify bringing with me, digital pressure readout, easy to adjust the target pressure, usb-c charging and only three buttons. If I didn’t ride several different bikes I’d really only need the one button after setting the psi.

I’m on the fence between the AS2 Pro and one of the smaller Fumpa pumps. If I’m going to have this as last-ditch insurance (e.g., I’ve had a bad tire day and have run out of co2) then the issue I haven’t sorted out is if the extended hose on the cycplus can be used with a rear disc wheel cutout. Have you tried this scenario? I’ve got a message into cycplus about it today.

Thanks,
Chris

I don’t have a disc here right now to see. It’d be difficult on some of the ones I’ve had in the past. The “hose” is made up of a fair amount of fitting, only the part nearest the pump is flexible. I laid it on a ruler and I’d say it’s about 2" from the end of the hose where it attaches to the tire/tube valve till you get to the part with flex. The reason I say about is I think whether or not it fits is going to depend on the length of the valve itself, how thick the wheel is there at the cutoff and things like that.

I think the original purpose of the hose was to keep the heat from the pump from damaging the valves on most of these tpu tubes. I carry it because I often use a tpu spare but I don’t need on my regular setups.

Thanks; In looking at one of the photos on their site that showed the hose in use, the non-flexible piece looked long enough that I suspected an answer like your measurement and probable conclusion.

I’m on the fence between the AS2 Pro and one of the smaller Fumpa pumps. If I’m going to have this as last-ditch insurance (e.g., I’ve had a bad tire day and have run out of co2) then the issue I haven’t sorted out is if the extended hose on the cycplus can be used with a rear disc wheel cutout. Have you tried this scenario? I’ve got a message into cycplus about it today.

Thanks,
Chris

you won’t fit the full size Fumpa in a disc cutout that’s for sure, probably not the mini or nano either. you will need the extension nozzle or the elbow kit for it

Has anyone tried the Fanttik X9 Ace?

It’s both significantly cheaper, perhaps smaller, and has a flexible hose that the Fumpa doesn’t have.

I haven’t found any reputable reviews, however.

Edit to add: It was cheap enough on Amazon that I bought it. Will update with thoughts.

I had a good experience with a Fanttik car battery charger / jump start device, based on a recommendation from a AAA guy that came to our house to deal with a battery issue we were having. Some Fanttik device is what he used and said he liked, so I figured it was worth a shot - that’s worked for us on the rare occasion we needed it.

Like you did, I rolled the dice and paid the $39. If it doesn’t work, it goes back. If it works, then it’s $39 vs the $139 or so for the fumpa + disc wheel adapter combo.

I got this Cycplus from Amazon and love it. I’ve taken it to 2 races so far and even started using it as my go to pump in the garage before rides. I LOVE having it at races and not having to lug my own pump around or rush to get in line for one of the shared pumps in transition (that may or may not have accurate gauges).

I use an oak and iron pump (works great and has lasted ….could easily pump up a car tire too but it’s larger you’re not gonna want to carry it on a ride with you) with a jayco lightning xp locking chuck. Perfect setup for a solid disc wheel. No more busted fingers or loosing air when pulling off the valve.