Reacher - Season II

Releases today, one episode per week.

I think season one is the most successful Amazon show thus far? Pre-release reviews are so far very positive. First 5 minutes are definitely promising.

The first 3 Episodes were released today.

I’m looking forward to season two.

Disgruntled old man rant. I hope the genre dials back from the modern practice where one guy can defeat 12 highly-trained bad guys all at once. I get it, it’s fiction, and fun. I still wish they’d dial that back.

And the original Reacher was military police, not an ex-SEAL. :slight_smile:

My favorite Season 1 part was when Reacher was going “underground” and trying not to appear like an obvious ex-SEAL. His disguise? A muscle shirt and a ball cap with 5.56 shells as the stripes on the American flag. Totally stealth there. No one’s gonna peg that guy as an “operator.”

/rant.

Yes, I’ll probably watch and enjoy it.

Disgruntled old man rant. I hope the genre dials back from the modern practice where one guy can defeat 12 highly-trained bad guys all at once. I get it, it’s fiction, and fun. I still wish they’d dial that back.

My favorite Season 1 part was when Reacher was going “underground” and trying not to appear like an obvious ex-SEAL. His disguise? A muscle shirt and a ball cap with 5.56 shells as the stripes on the American flag. Totally stealth there. No one’s gonna peg that guy as an “operator.”

/rant.

Are you conflating Reacher with Terminal List?

My recollection was that Reacher on Amazon was true to the books and an ex MP. I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time :wink:

I can’t wait to watch it tonight.

/rant.

He’s a former MP in the TV show too. Maybe mixing it up with a different one?

yes, trail is cornfused.

Watched the first one last night, looks like it will be a good season. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Are you conflating Reacher with Terminal List?

Oh shit, you’re right. My bad.

yes, trail is cornfused.

Reacher is a highly trained fighter. When he takes out 6 dudes at once it’s prison dudes. He had more difficulty against the Venezuelan ex special forces guys he fought. Plus no one can really fight 12 people at once, not enough room to all get in there. You have to be able to fend off a few at a time and endurance and adrenaline decide. And when he did fight the 5-6 prison dudes he did it proper using brutal quick blows, crushing one guys throat and taking another’s eye. He never fought more than 1 or 2 “highly trained” people at once.

The most unbelievable part of this season is that as a MP that he ever had any friends.

the only part that slightly annoyed me in season one was in the finale at the house when he was up against that psycho guy. reacher should have no trouble dispatching him.

yes, trail is cornfused.

Reacher is a highly trained fighter. When he takes out 6 dudes at once it’s prison dudes. He had more difficulty against the Venezuelan ex special forces guys he fought. Plus no one can really fight 12 people at once, not enough room to all get in there. You have to be able to fend off a few at a time and endurance and adrenaline decide. And when he did fight the 5-6 prison dudes he did it proper using brutal quick blows, crushing one guys throat and taking another’s eye. He never fought more than 1 or 2 “highly trained” people at once.
I mean, like, fer sure. That kinda thing happens all the time, sometimes twice a day. Like, wake me up when something interesting happens.

3 episodes, huh? I know what I’ll be doing tonight.

The most unbelievable part of this season is that as a MP that he ever had any friends.

well his only friends were other MPs, so that probably doesn’t really count.

The first 3 Episodes were released today.

I’m looking forward to season two.

Don’t miss the early Terminator joke.

well his only friends were other MPs, so that probably doesn’t really count.

Even MPs hate MPs.

Don’t miss the early Terminator joke.

That was funny. As well as the Reacher movie reference.

the only part that slightly annoyed me in season one was in the finale at the house when he was up against that psycho guy. reacher should have no trouble dispatching him.

You mean the guy with the crowbar? That annoyed me as well. That was supposed to be KJ he fought there and drowned him. And KJ was supposed to be pretty big as well with gorilla arms. But the son KJ wasn’t that big in show and he pushed his head in the chemical vat and threw him in the fire instead.

I’m surprised it is the most popular show on Prime as it was, at best, an easy watch. But that’s probably more of a commentary on the public than the show.

For the show, I didn’t find Alan Ritchson a good casting decision. I’ve enjoyed the books, but Ritchson’s delivery didn’t match with my impression of Reacher from the books, not just his over pumped physique but his delivery. I wonder how many readers envisaged someone similar to Ritchson when reading the series?

When Cruise started in Reacher, I thought that someone like Manganiello would have been a better physical fit to the books.

Not a massive fan of this adaption.

I could bunge watch this show every week

just his over pumped physique

https://x.com/...515322399052121?s=20