Racing shoe buying advice

I’ve been using two pairs of the first gen Nike Alphafly Next for racing only the past three years and in races they improve my running pace by one to two minutes per mile compared to my training shoes (Hoka Bondis). The only downside I have found is when using them for tris as they cost me at least an additional minute in T2 trying to get the damn things on. I probably have several hundred miles on each pair and it’s time to look for something new. I remember reading bad reviews about the second gen of the Alphafly but have not read anything about the 3rd gen. If I liked the first gen what shoe should I be looking at? My biometrics: 68yr male, wt 185, size ~14 (One Alphafly was a 13 and the other a 14), marathon race pace 9min, sprint pace 8: something. Thanks!

I use LockLaces on my racing shoes, they are elastic laces and I leave the thumb lock set to a snug fit, and at T2 simply spread the shoe apart & jam foot in, only takes a few seconds.

If you’re looking for a shoe with a larger tongue the saucony pro 4s have a good one. They’re pretty easy to get on quickly.

I’ve tried opening them up and using a shoe horn but it’s still a struggle. I’ll prioritize the speed from the shoe over the speed to transition.

I can’t help you, but I hope I am cool and fit and looking for fast carbon plated shoes when I am in my late 60s.