Power2max Power meter (3)

I am looking to see if anyone has any feedback they can share on the above manufacture crank-based power meters? Only reason I am asking is because I am looking at going to a 150mm crank arms with a power meter on the new trek speed concept. I am being told Rotor crank based power meters will not work due to clearance issue.

Thanks Ike

I am looking to see if anyone has any feedback they can share on the above manufacture crank-based power meters? Only reason I am asking is because I am looking at going to a 150mm crank arms with a power meter on the new trek speed concept. I am being told Rotor crank based power meters will not work due to clearance issue.

Thanks Ike

Power2max are a great crank based power meters.
I have one myself and work with many amateurs and pros that have had great success with them

They’ve been around a long time now, they’re super reliable and accurate, and generally never have problems. One of the best on the market.

Agree with the above, ive had a couple they havent skipped a beat. Has the seal of approval from GPLama too. I wouldnt bother paying the extra for the expensive one, the NGEco is perfectly good enough.

x5. They’re just great. No drama at all.

My power2max has been great the last three seasons. I only wish it showed power numbers as high as my quarq did ten years ago :frowning:

I’ve got a P2M paired with Praxis cranks with no complaints. Only minor issue is that it reads 5-10w lower than the Quarq it replaced. My ego didn’t like that.

I have used Power2max Type S powermeters for years without any issues.

I have two of the ngeco spiders. They’ve been awesome, no complaints

I still have a P2M classic powermeter from 2014 that is on a rim brake road bike still fully functional.

I agree with what others said about these reading lower. I might get a pair of new Vectors just to inflate the ego.

I have 6 of their power meters, classic through NG and they are all working perfectly.

I’ve installed at least 10 others and they just work for all of their owners.

Thanks Ike

Who’s telling you they won’t work on a SpeedConcept, and why wouldn’t they work? The new version of the SC has a T47 BB, I would think clearance shouldn’t be an issue any more.

I’m unsure if there’s a higher quality PM than Power2Max.

Being told the only issue is with the rotor crank and having a clearance issue with that BB. They gave me an option for the power2max crank to overcome the clearance issue. My bike fitter gave me this information. Tony West out of Indy. Awesome guy.

I have two NGeco powermeters. They have been 100% reliable and trouble-free. They are incredibly easy to set up and use. Battery life is excellent.

Being told the only issue is with the rotor crank and having a clearance issue with that BB. They gave me an option for the power2max crank to overcome the clearance issue. My bike fitter gave me this information. Tony West out of Indy. Awesome guy.

Just and FYI, P2M does not make any cranks. They make spiders and sell other peoples cranks (Rotor, Praxis, Campy, FSA and others). You’ll still need to do your research on what crank/spindle/bottom bracket you’ll need for your frame and or existing cranks (assuming they’re modular and not Shimano based).

Extremely happy with mine on my venge.

Thanks Ike

We installed a P2M NG with Rotor ALDHU Carbon 30mm 155mm cranks on my wife’s 2023 Speed Concept. No clearance issues. I’m not sure what might be different with the aluminum ALDHU arms.

Make sure someone isn’t telling you about an issue with Rotor cranks using a Rotor power meter.

Also consider contacting P2M NA or Rotor directly about compatibility. Another solid resource is Power Meter City.

Do you know if they mean “rotor inspider” vs any powermeter on a rotor based system (or is it “Any rotor crank”)

We have 3 P2Maxs in the house (1 road bike, 2 tri bikes) and always working great.

I have found their customer service to be excellent also. I bought one of their first generation meters back in 2010. For 10 years it served me well but in 2021 it finally died. I contacted them, we had an efficient email exchange and even though it was well out of warranty they offered me a crash replacement which was very good deal. Again, emails back and forth to make sure I got the right cranks etc and then more correspondence to help me fit it etc. No hesitation to buy from them again.