PB&J order of operations

Spread peanut butter on 1 slice. Wipe excess, if any, in jar of pb. Use same knife to spread jelly/jam/presrves on other slice. Wipe excess, if any, in jar. Assemble sandwich. Pb and j facing each other.

Cut sandwich in 1/2.
Eat.

Do you do jelly first? Prefer squeeze bottle? The jar with both pb and jelly?

Sigh. Anyone with any culinary knowledge knows you’re doing it wrong.
Spoon peanut butter onto saucer. Spoon jelly onto saucer.Mix Use fork to move PBJ mix onto breadUse fork to eat most of remaining PBJput fork and spoon into dishwasher since you licked them and they have your germsLet dog lick rest of PBJ until saucer is cleanput saucer back into cupboard since it is clean

Spoon peanut butter onto saucer. Spoon jelly onto saucer.Mix Use fork to move PBJ mix onto breadUse fork to eat most of remaining PBJput fork and spoon into dishwasher since you licked them and they have your germsLet dog lick rest of PBJ until saucer is cleanput saucer back into cupboard since it is clean

What kind of sociopath uses a fork to transfer and spread from a plate to bread when a knife is an option?

I’m questioning the culinary background of such an egregious misuse of cutlery.

Do you use your right or left hand for the spoon? Do you switch for the fork?

Do you put the peanut butter on the top slice or the bottom?

Knife gets perched on the edge of the sink, blade over the abyss, in case a second sandwich is necessary.

What kind of sociopath uses a fork to transfer and spread from a plate to bread when a knife is an option?

Everything about Rick’s post is WTF.

Isn’t he married? How do you get this far in life being so wrong about something so simple.

Knife gets perched on the edge of the sink, blade over the abyss, in case a second sandwich is necessary.

THANK YOU!! My wife doesn’t understand this and gets so annoyed by my “leaving the dirty knife on the counter!”

Umm…excuse me it’s not on the counter. It is placed perfectly on the edge of the sink protecting the blade so I don’t have to dirty another one. Because only a crazy idiot carriesnthe dirty knife with them on the PB & J plate.

Everything about Rick’s post is WTF.

Isn’t he married? How do you get this far in life being so wrong about something so simple.

I’m not sure but my patient is running late so I’m making my pb & j earlier than planned simply out of spite of this thread.

But we really should tread carefully because I’m afraid this may devolve into discussing what type of jelly/jam/preservative is best. And the 10 year old in me is not ready to submit to anything other than Smucker’s grape jelly out of a squeeze bottle.

Edit: or crunchy natural pb. I’ll fight.

I’m questioning the culinary background of such an egregious misuse of cutlery.

Well, if I had any knifes in the cutlery drawer I would do that. But since they’re in my shop to be used as flathead screwdrivers - I didn’t have one available. I kind of figured that would be evident to most people, but obviously I was wrong and should have spelled it out. SMH.

If packing sandwich to get eaten layer. Thin layer of PB on each slice of bread, than jelly, PB keeps jelly from getting bread soggy so when you have lunch it is still a very good PB&J

That’s actually somewhat brilliant.

Truth be told I probably eat two full PB&J sandwiches a week out of our kids’ lunch boxes the morning after they were packed and ignored. I kinda like the gooey jellybread paste 24h later version.

THANK YOU!! My wife doesn’t understand this and gets so annoyed by my “leaving the dirty knife on the counter!”

This is why gay men are happier.

Probably.

This is why gay men are happier.

Probably.

I’m not testing that theory any more so than Rick’s fork-spreading ridiculousness.

If packing sandwich to get eaten layer. Thin layer of PB on each slice of bread, than jelly, PB keeps jelly from getting bread soggy so when you have lunch it is still a very good PB&J
That is actually brilliant. Thank you. I’ve been bringing bread in a sandwhich tupperware for years to avoid the sog (I keep pb and j at the office).

I’ll add that it can be a whole other experience based on bread choice . . . Pita.

Open faced and toasted sufficiently to have a crunch. Layer on the PB, allowing it to melt somewhat. Then add an amount jelly of jelly per sweetness preference. Eat immediately. That’s been a go to breakfast for me for years.

For road trips, don’t toast the pita, and keep it as pockets. Layer in PB (always first), then jelly. It’s a neat meal in the car, and never gets soggy like white bread.

Spread peanut butter on 1 slice. Wipe excess, if any, in jar of pb.

… you don’t… lick the excess off the knife?
am I a heathen or a normal person? I’m aware there’s a “could cut tongue on knife” but it’s a bread knife and, well, I haven’t cut my tongue yet. I’m aware I should not do this.
Use same knife to spread jelly/jam/presrves on other slice. Wipe excess, if any, in jar. Assemble sandwich.
Because knife was licked, use other knife. This one does get wiped on jar if excess.
If making pbj toast, use fork instead of knife, as easier to mix jelly on bread w fork tines than with knife.
Pb and j facing each other.
You have earned the Unnecessary Sentence Award.

And the 10 year old in me is not ready to submit to anything other than Smucker’s grape jelly out of a squeeze bottle.

paging synthetic!!!

And the 10 year old in me is not ready to submit to anything other than Smucker’s grape jelly out of a squeeze bottle.

paging synthetic!!!

Bring it on!

I love the part about letting the dog lick the sucker and then put it back in the cupboard because it’s clean.

My wife also mixes her pb and jelly together before putting it onto her bread.

I pretty much eat a PB&J every day for lunch. It’s so simple and so yummy

Mine consists of two pieces of sourdough bread grilled on a stove top (yes, with butter) followed by one of many types of jelly (grape, strawberry, and apricot are my favorite). The PB is honey roasted PB made from honey roasted peanuts at a local grocery. As I spread the PB onto the bread, I am also eating a large amount from the knife as well. I could eat this for every meal it is so yummy

This is the only way to do it, whether eaten immediately or later.