Paging all stability shoe people

If you are a stability shoe runner (lifelong here…) what are you liking these days? I’ve been running in the latest Asics Kayanos and 2000 series. Kayanos are ridiculously comfortable but definitely a slow run shoe. Probably will try the Saucony guides next. I purchased a pair of Diadora Mythos Blushed Vigore when i was on a work trip last year and running store employee talked me into them. They were shockingly good, though, heavy and a bit hot, so I did not buy again, but you can definitely put miles and miles on those boats.

Ligelong user here too. Been using adrenaline for many years but switched to NB 860 3 years ago and prefer those. V14 of the 860 is very different from previous versions so watch out there, I really dont like v 14.
I also have the kayano 30, never really liked it a bit like the 860v14 they are so soft i feel like i lose some stability.

Tempus 2 is very liked by many for a faster and lighter stability shoe. Brooks hyperion gts is also more of a firm minimalist stability shoe.

For racing there is only one answer in my book, saucony elite v1, is it pure magic how that shoe is so stable!

I use Saucony Guides for the 80 part of the 80/20 with a custom orthodic. I’ll buy the old models in bulk when they go on sale and have 2 on the go at all times: 1 for long runs (new/fresh) and 1 for shorter runs (closer to the back half of the lifespan). For the 20 part, I’ll go with one of the Endorphin line.

For me they’ve been the difference between being injured all the time and being relatively injury free for the past few years. Though how much of this is due to the orthodic, I dunno. I’m your typical overpronator/Parellofemoral injury type guy, but these shoes seem to keep me going.

Is New Balance SuperComp Trainer a “stability shoe?” Because those things are LETHAL

The Saucony Guide 17 is a great shoe, great update over the 16. It’s also the most Hoka like shoe without being a Hoka and it feels better than the Hoka equivalent which is the Arahi.

BUT

Saucony makes an even better stability shoe. The Tempus. You can find it on sale occasionally and the Tempus 2 just hit the shelves about a month ago. More vertical volume inside then the Guide, wider toe box. Both run well and different.

The NB Vongo 6 is a really good update. The Vongo 5 was ok, the 6 is much better. They just updated the 860 and a lot of people are liking it especially compared to the previous version. It’s softer and more bouncy.

Brooks has the Adrenaline yet I think the Glycerin GTS is a better shoe. About 1/3 of people trying them both on can’t tell a difference. YMMV

Hope that helps get you started looking at some other brands

Think I am going to pull the trigger on the Tempus 2 and give those a go. Will post an update after i put 100 miles on em.