Opinions on thin TT tires for everyday riding

Hey

In a bubble I bought some Vittoria corsa pro speed for my tt bike. I currently run gp5000 S TR and never had a flat in 3 years.

Now I’m a little afraid of their puncture resistance (the corsa pro speed). I read that they are very thin. But If I’m not willing to run them every day why would I should thrust them more for a race when I paid even money to be able to ride?

Want to know your experience please… do you guys use like GP 5000 TT or some thinner TT tires all the time? What is the puncture rate in real world?

I plan on using them tubeless

One key reason to save the race tires for race day is that they wear out faster (due to the thinner rubber). Also, as tires develop that flat center patch from wear, their aerodynamic get worse.

Hey

In a bubble I bought some Vittoria corsa pro speed for my tt bike. I currently run gp5000 S TR and never had a flat in 3 years.

Now I’m a little afraid of their puncture resistance (the corsa pro speed). I read that they are very thin. But If I’m not willing to run them every day why would I should thrust them more for a race when I paid even money to be able to ride?

Want to know your experience please… do you guys use like GP 5000 TT or some thinner TT tires all the time? What is the puncture rate in real world?

I’ve got a deep front and disc that I pretty much only use for races, but before I had that my approach was simply uses them throughout the season and then replace them just before the first important race of the next season. This was my approach with the GP STR and the TT versions.

I ran them tubeless and a couple times I noticed I had a puncture/spray while riding and stopped and plugged it. And other times I noticed the sealant plugged itself without me knowing.

If I ever used a plug, I didn’t use that tire again in a race.

I’d just roll with the same set all year and replace them the following year before race season. They aren’t cheap, but if I was only using one set of rims, the hassle of changing and cleaning the sealant out would be pretty annoying to go back and forth.

Pro Speed is far more puncture prone than the TT TR. I have the TT TR on my everyday bike now because I have a few triathlons this summer that are more suited to road bikes than tri bikes. I’d never train on the Pro Speed.

The TT TR has a puncture belt. It’s basically an S TR with less rubber and fewer sidewall layers. The tread section is similarly robust.

Hey

If you work in a velodrome then I don’t see it as a problem using them as a daily.