OMFG did JD Vance say that?

Here you go Skuj.

I’ll start

“I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn’t be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he’s America’s Hitler,”

In 2016 and 2017, Vance, then best-known for penning the best-selling book “Hillbilly Elegy”* *said Trump was “cultural heroin” and “just another opioid” for Middle America. He told CNN ahead of the 2016 election that he was “definitely not” voting for Trump and he also contemplated voting for Hillary Clinton (he ultimately said he planned to vote for independent candidate Evan McMullin.)
“Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man. Lord help us,” he tweeted after the “Access Hollywood” tape was published in 2016.

Vance also liked tweets that said Trump committed “serial sexual assault,” called him “one of USA’s most hated, villainous, douchey celebs,” and harshly criticized Trump’s response to the deadly 2017 White nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.
“There is no moral equivalence between the anti-racist protestors in Charlottesville and the killer (and his ilk),” Vance wrote in a deleted-tweet.

Making a fantastic impression in one of his first campaign events (in the friendly confines of his own hometown high school) he defined awkward with this gem:

“It is the weirdest thing to me: Democrats say that it is racist to believe—well, they say it’s racist to do anything… I had a diet Mountain Dew yesterday, and one today. I’m sure they’re probably gonna call that racist too.”

Insert crickets chirping…

“It’s good."

More crickets, with perhaps a courtesy laugh or two…

“I love you guys,”

Making a fantastic impression in one of his first campaign events (in the friendly confines of his own hometown high school) he defined awkward with this gem:

“It is the weirdest thing to me: Democrats say that it is racist to believe—well, they say it’s racist to do anything… I had a diet Mountain Dew yesterday, and one today. I’m sure they’re probably gonna call that racist too.”

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

Much ado about nothing

What a great thread!!! 😂

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4788362-former-gop-adviser-vance-diet-mountain-dew/

“I certainly would like abortion to be illegal nationally,” Vance said in January 2022 on a podcast when running for Senate.

“This is one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace, which is the idea that like, ‘well, OK, these marriages were fundamentally, you know, they were maybe even violent, but certainly they were unhappy. And so getting rid of them and making it easier for people to shift spouses like they change their underwear, that’s going to make people happier in the long term,’” Vance said. “And maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I’m skeptical. But it really didn’t work out for the kids of those marriages,” Vance continued. “And that’s what I think all of us should be honest about, is we’ve run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that’s making our kids unhappy.”

“The Democrats are talking about giving the vote to 16-year-olds,” Vance noted. “Let’s do this instead. Let’s give votes to all children in this country, but let’s give control over those votes to the parents of the children.” He continued, asking, “Doesn’t this mean that nonparents don’t have as much of a voice as parents? Doesn’t this mean that parents get a bigger say in how democracy functions?”

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

“Please clap.”

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExM3BjZXkydDFlMmwyb2M1amp3bzhyempiZW15b2pjdzZlNnd4emN1diZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/xT9IgHCTfp8CRshfQk/giphy.gif

In October 2016, Vance tweeted, “What percentage of the American population has @realDonaldTrump sexually assaulted?”

Fuck!!! It’s too much!!! We have to pace ourselves!!!

I did not fuck that couch!

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

You might be a racist if…

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

“Please clap.”

Edit: someone beat me to it.

It was super cringe. He might not want to flop too many times if he wants to keep his job. Comedy may not be his strong suit.

That’s Sofa King mean.

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

Being accused of being a racist has become so bad that even racists don’t want to be labeled as such.

is Diet Mountain Dew the new Zima?

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

“Please clap.”

Edit: someone beat me to it.

It was super cringe. He might not want to flop too many times if he wants to keep his job. Comedy may not be his strong suit.

It’s even worse actually watching it. You know Trump is having major doubts, and PredictIt has the gap to Harris narrowing further today.

https://youtu.be/obxVza-Vkh8?si=4Ec0RrocnmP9l2aX

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

Being accused of being a racist has become so bad that even racists don’t want to be labeled as such.

If you don’t want to be called a goat fucker then stop fucking goats.

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

I’m not sure being a goat fucker was ever socially acceptable, but being racist certainly was and still is in certain circles, just don’t label them racists!

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

I’m not sure being a goat fucker was ever socially acceptable, but being racist certainly was and still is in certain circles, just don’t label them racists!

There is likely a strong correlation of racist behavior and goat fucking.

“It’s good."

“I love you guys,”

There is likely a strong correlation of racist behavior and goat fucking.

You can spend your life building a thousand bridges, but fuck one goat …

Well this is awkward: Vance wrote foreword to a coming Project 2025 book