Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Seems dumb to me. The fanfare and spectacle that used to be seems inifinitely better than what I’m watching now.

The outdoor venue just seems like a bad idea given the weather.

Everything seems so spread out and anticlimactic. Countries don’t even have their own boats (which logistically would be a nightmare) whereas in the past they all walk in grouped together and seem to have their own bit of separation to stand out and wave their flag. Did I just watch Canada, china, and Cameroon on the same boat?

Am I being too critical?

I will say the montage of the masked torch carrier is kinda cool.

I saw a few minutes “live” after lunch before I went to the gym this afternoon

As they transitioned from Parcour, to *Les Mis *to some Metal band, and Kelly Clarkson was “Wait? Are we doing this?”

For this Olympic cycle “Shut the fuck up, Tirico” replaces “Shut the fuck up, Joe Buck” or (more locally) “Shut the fuck up, Eskin”

That some metal and was Gojira. I was shocked metal was included but not surprised it was France’s best metal band (arguably).

I think this is awesome. It reminds of as being very Cirque du Soleil esque. I’m loving it.

“Shut the fuck up, Eskin”

To quote you, I believe: If you know, you know

Could have done without the mocking of the last supper……

Could have done without the mocking of the last supper……

Well I mean what do we expect with the same production that brought us people in drag running to a room, getting hot and heavy with each other rubbing up and then closing the door with the not so covert sexual overtone.

Totally necessary for the opening games of the Olympics 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

Hoda(?) - (Paraphrase) - “What i like about this is that with all these countries its like a refresher course in Geography”. While she’s saying this the boat carrying Eswatini goes by and she says absolutely nothing about Eswatini.

Doesn’t she have any notes? It was formerly known as Swaziland. it’s surrounded on 3 sides by the country of South Africa.

I think this is awesome. It reminds of as being very Cirque du Soleil esque. I’m loving it.

Oh yea I agree with the individual components. But what I’m saying is the outdoor nature of it just lends it to being so spread out and watered down. Pun intended because it’s raining. And so many of those shots of the performers were through dropelet-covered lenses. Can’t control the weather and I could see some of these performances being 10x better with a nice day. But…weather is out of everyone’s control.

Even watching some of the musical performances was odd. The bridge near lady Gaga seemed just empty. Was it the weather that kept them away? Production quality seems low for that too.

I’d imagine as an athlete the sounds of performances and cheering crowds would resonate in a stadium or indoor venue whereas this rainstorm dampens noise and the people watching are very spread out along balconies and roads.

Hoda(?) - (Paraphrase) - “What i like about this is that with all these countries its like a refresher course in Geography”. While she’s saying this the boat carrying Eswatini goes by and she says absolutely nothing about Eswatini.

Doesn’t she have any notes? It was formerly known as Swaziland. it’s surrounded on 3 sides by the country of South Africa.

Dumb 🤦🏻‍♂️

Keep your eye on the Olympic flag when they raise it.

Keep your eye on the Olympic flag when they raise it.

I saw that! 🤦🏻‍♂️

My wife goes “you had one fucking job!”

Watching the Prime Time replay

Jules Verne x Minions x Target mashup? Yes!!

Watching the Prime Time replay

Jules Verne x Minions x Target mashup? Yes!!

Yea we liked that one! My wife and I love the minions and that had us laughing. The one giving mouth to mouth non-stop was funny.

I was about to say that if this isn’t included, somehow, they missed a great spot

https://youtu.be/Ln31raI2ezY?si=sjhQ_GR-vaV5b2KN

Then I remembered; he’s Belgian

Nevermind /de rien

It’s okay at best. My biggest criticism is with NBC broadcast with kelly clarkson and peyton manning. They are worthless and annoying. They have zero insight and have no charisma.

I am very late but wow this is weird! And kind of amazing. Did I just watch a prerecorded segment of three folks negotiating a threesome?!

Just stopped watching. That was awful. Wife is enjoying it and still watching.

I am going to bed.

Get off my lawn.

This is awful.