Older X-Lab Hydration stuff info?

Hai! I came into this older(?) Xlab hydration attachment thingie and accessories…Could anyone give me info on what the main piece is for / it’s model? I haven’t dealt with anything Xlab before and their current stuff is quite different.

Thanks!

Zella

IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

Candice from X-Lab is on the forum. PM her: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?username=Candice%20-%20XLAB

I have her email also if needed. She’s great!

Hi Zella,

Sorry for the delay - been so crazy busy I haven’t had as much time to read Slowtwitch forums lately.

What you have there is our very first aluminum rear hydration system called the Saddlewing. Came out in the mid-1990s I believe. Still to this day we see 1 or 2 in Kona at the World Championships :slight_smile:

You can mount 1 bottle cage on either side.

The black hexagon pieces are called X-Nuts. They mount to the back of the Saddlewing to store CO2s/inflator, but actually can still be used on our current Super Wing model.

The straps allow for a repair bag to be attached like our XLAB Mini Bag.

Here’s a picture of a fully loaded system. Let me know if you need any other info :slight_smile:

IMG_5054.jpg

Hi Zella,

Sorry for the delay - been so crazy busy I haven’t had as much time to read Slowtwitch forums lately.

What you have there is our very first aluminum rear hydration system called the Saddlewing. Came out in the mid-1990s I believe. Still to this day we see 1 or 2 in Kona at the World Championships :slight_smile:

The black hexagon pieces are called X-Nuts. They mount to the back of the Saddlewing to store CO2s/inflator, but actually can still be used on our current Super Wing model.

Here’s a picture of a fully loaded system. Let me know if you need any other info :slight_smile:

I remember getting one of those from Craig years ago…that was the cat’s meow! Thanks for the memory…

Lol yeah back in the good 'ole Nytro days.

We have a selection of these in our museum and my mission is to try and get one of every color that my Dad came out with - I just love the look of them! We had black, silver, white, yellow, red and blue I believe :slight_smile:

Forgot we had done the red straps - missing those in the museum.

Hey Candice! Thanks so much, I never would have figured that out <3 And they seem rare, I can’t find a single one sold on ebay.

Lol yeah back in the good 'ole Nytro days.

We have a selection of these in our museum and my mission is to try and get one of every color that my Dad came out with - I just love the look of them! We had black, silver, white, yellow, red and blue I believe :slight_smile:

Forgot we had done the red straps - missing those in the museum.

Very cool! Mine was the bright yellow that looked great on my bright yellow Cannonade R 700 tri bike. That was long before the necessary Gorilla cages…

Okay, you need to send at least 1 set of the red straps to Candice her museum. I still remember getting mine when I was visiting Nytro on my holiday somewhere mid nineties.

Jeroen

I just found out that i could actually buy that lot so I just did, but it would be great if you can send 1 set of red straps to Candice for her museum and the rest to me as ordered.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi Zella,

Hi Candice,

I bought this vintage set and asked to send you 1 set of the red straps before sending the rest to me. Can you give them your address where to send the red straps to? Nice to add another piece to your museum.

Jeroen

You are very welcome! Just glad my Dad is a great storer of old catalogs that we can reference. Still remember when I was working in the warehouse before we started the store, but to see it in pictures, it just all comes back!

Here is a picture of our Saddlewing shelf :slight_smile:

IMG_6812.jpg

Oh my goodness you are so kind - thank you!!

@zella - Will PM you as I would like to at least cover the shipping of them.

Thank you all!!

• Candice

Oh my goodness you are so kind - thank you!!

@zella - Will PM you as I would like to at least cover the shipping of them.

Thank you all!!

• Candice

Ah, no worries, small effort and I think it is so cool to get your museum complete.
I just hope that the people that manage the order have seen this with their order.
Please, feel free to send them an extra email to just confirm they ship a set of the straps to you.
The rest I will put on my old Zipp 2001 frame that I;m restoring to as much as original.

Jeroen