Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread

Yes, you can only switch the mode once, you cannot go back to the taller setup with larger bento box.

Apart from cutting the tube the installation is very easy. Just put the new stem in place and reroute the cables. I have Di2 so rerouting was really simple (Di2 cables and front brake cable, rear brake doesn’t go trough the stem.

Yes, you can only switch the mode once, you cannot go back to the taller setup with larger bento box.

Apart from cutting the tube the installation is very easy. Just put the new stem in place and reroute the cables. I have Di2 so rerouting was really simple (Di2 cables and front brake cable, rear brake doesn’t go trough the stem.

Okay, thanks! And how satisfied are you with the aeria system? It’s sold out everywhere so can’t be that bad I guess :slight_smile:

Jay:

Any update on the availability of the seat post bottle mount and the integrated garmin mount in the US?

Also, any idea how I might be able to secure a longer drinking tube, or modify mine? I need a few more inches.

Thanks in advance.

IR

A friend of mine have 2018 CF and his fitter drilled new holes in the armrests to get more narrow. Looks real nice, it almost looks like you are supposed to drill your own holes to get that narrow. His fitter is very well known, espacially here in sweden and he works for a world tour team that last year rode cervelo…
I own a 2018 CF to and needed to get longer so i just removed the original stem and spacer and replaced them with a 100mm stem and a couple of ordinary spacers, doesnt look to good but funcionality before looks…

233BA8A7-855E-4D17-BD44-1C1997D8CDA5.jpeg

That’s also an option. Don’t know about the new armrests on the 2019 though, they’re different. They also can get narrower, 28 cm outside-to-outside according to Jay here I think. Which is nice but still not narrow.

good point

A friend of mine have 2018 CF and his fitter drilled new holes in the armrests to get more narrow. Looks real nice, it almost looks like you are supposed to drill your own holes to get that narrow. His fitter is very well known, espacially here in sweden and he works for a world tour team that last year rode cervelo…
I own a 2018 CF to and needed to get longer so i just removed the original stem and spacer and replaced them with a 100mm stem and a couple of ordinary spacers, doesnt look to good but funcionality before looks…

Another option for the stem would be a Profile Design Aeria Ultimate stem. Think it also has100mm. Then you could even combine it with the Aeria Ultimate Bottle and you got an integrated Hydration System as on the SLX

Ordered a 2019 Canyon Speedmax CF 7.0 (Stealth, Medium) this morning. I wanted only the frameset but unfortunately Canyon doesnt sell it alone. Will be building up a custom bike over the next few weeks with SRAM Etap, TriRig aero bar, TriRig Omega X brakes, and Reynolds aero wheels.

Excited!

Chi

Hi all - new 2019 Speedmax 8.0 CF owner here. It’s my second TT bike after a couple years with a slightly-undersized 51cm P2. Just arrived this past Friday and I’m working on transferring fit from the P2, and adjusting from there. I used the PPS tool and it sized me at a Medium.

I am struggling with the extensions, which are super long. I am 5’9, and while I can get pad/saddle in the same height/fore/aft/stack/reach positions, the extension soar out several inches past my grip - and that is as far as I can possibly bring them in, due to the design. I took the bike to my LBS to cut them down, but not sure how much I can cut exactly. LBS suggested cutting 2 inches but I am almost positive that’s not going to be enough. I’d like to give them some guidance.

I feel like I need almost 3 full inches to get a match between my prior arm pad-to-grip length. Is that crazy? I never had to cut anything on the P2 (unless the LBS did it before putting the bike on the floor) so this feels drastic. I’m not mechanically inclined enough to fully remove the 35a extensions and measure them…and overall having a hard time judging this since the base of the extension is enclosed in the subsonic bracket. I can see a “cut” mark but not sure what the length between the base of the extensions and the cut mark is. Is a 3 inch / ~75mm cut normal for these?

Thanks!

Hi Iam similar height to you but was well into a small not really close to a medium but my extensions are on max extention and fit fine.

Interesting what you other measurements are…it was a small for me.

Regards

Hi all

I have two of the rare behind the seat post water bottle holders.

Does not come with the bothlecage but are the specific canyon add ons for your bikes.

Check out the classified link.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Regards

Phil

Anyone know what mod needs to be done to align it correctly? I want to ride a short while before cutting it but the spacer doesn’t look right ontop of the stem as in pic attached.

20190401_180243.jpg

Just remove the plastic spacer and put some generic round, one. Then cup on top and your all set without cutting.

Thanks for the reply…contacted canyon today they said spacer should sit ontop of the stem but as you can see it doesn’t. I’ve sent them the pic and await there reply and try your idea.

I’m not mechanically inclined enough to fully remove the 35a extensions and measure them…and overall having a hard time judging this since the base of the extension is enclosed in the subsonic bracket. I can see a “cut” mark but not sure what the length between the base of the extensions and the cut mark is. Is a 3 inch / ~75mm cut normal for these?

Cutting the extensions drastically is pretty standard with the Subsonic, they’re sized so that a tall rider with the pads forward still has options.
There is 40mm (~1.5in) adjustment capacity in the Subsonic bracket so you’re not locked into one length. They do require more precise cutting than the Sonic bracket equipped bars. The reason for Canyon using the Subsonic is that too many people were shoving the extensions way back on the old J4 bracket and causing problems.

I have the same on my CF, I choose to keep my seat rail based holder instead as I heard the Canyon bracket sit a bit too low for some riders, you should reach out to CanyonJay for details.

Hi all

I have two of the rare behind the seat post water bottle holders.

Does not come with the bothlecage but are the specific canyon add ons for your bikes.

Check out the classified link.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Regards

Phil

I have finally managed to tweak my Speedmax the way I wanted, with Aeria Ultimate Stem + Hydration system combo. I thought I’d share that with y’all, cheers!

IMG_3034.jpeg

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

For reference, I did end up getting my LBS to take ~40cm off the bars, and now they fit perfectly. A size M was the right call for me at 5’9 with a 33" inseam (measured from crotch to floor wearing cycling shoes, using a text book between the legs to measure down from).

How was installation of the stem?

also - any pics of how flush it sits against the rubber bento box?