Official Canyon Speedmax CF Owners Thread

Brad’s exactly right. The Angled Spacer Kit is totally separate piece that provides aerobar pad and extension on the SLX angling. And indeed, if you’re on a CF, it’s a standard 31.8 basebar and stem interface, in which case the Profile Design T4+ clip-ons can pivot on the basebar as you like.

If anyone is interested, Canyon NA just got some CF in size large and medium in stock.

If anyone is interested, Canyon NA just got some CF in size large and medium in stock.

Don’t tempttt meeeee loll

On the other speedmax thread the Op said that I can get to a reach of 580 with the team switch plate in the slx. I cannot find actual stack and reach numbers or charts for this bike. Am I missing something here

If you go to and click any of the models, scroll to the bottom of the page. There, you’ll find the stack/reach numbers for a given size. That said, those numbers are with stock pieces. Per usual, I don’t have a switch plate on hand to measure against, but having seen one, I can say with some accuracy that it, installed in its “fore” position, will provide those extra 3cm of fore positioning to get your reach to 580.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I think it’s one of those things I would have to see in person and try to trust it. I’ve been trying to find an integrated bike that will let me hit my reach numbers and my first choice is a speed Concept in a large as they list the reach that you can hit as 584.but when you get to the nuts and bolts of it it’s actually a completely unattainable number. Whoever came up with that chart and that number did not spend any real time on that damn bike.

Totally understanding your concern. I managed to go downstairs and lo and behold, a SLX that’s in triage has the team switchplate. I decided to create a selection of shots here: the standard switchplate (shown in the first two frames without pad cradle and with pad cradle in its most fore position) and the team switchplate (the final two frames) shown without pad cradle and with pad cradle in its more fore position. I measure 40mm of added fore positioning (and since this piece is flippable, it can be flipped backward—or inward in that fore or aft position—in any permutation you choose. As you can see, the team switchplate offers a ton more fore/aft and width adjust variance to your pad placement.

FYI, if you decided to go ahead and take a chance on a Speedmax SLX (and get lucky whenever we get SLXs in again) and buy the team switchplate to go with it, you have 30 days to ensure the thing fits. If it doesn’t, return it to us in generally new condition, in its original box, and we pay return shipping and refund you in full in order to get another size (stock permitting)… or not, if you choose to go in another direction. We want to be sure anybody going after a Canyon doesn’t feels like they’re locked into a purchase; we’ll take care of you. We want you to be happy, and we’re not worried; someone will buy the bike if it doesn’t fit you. :wink:

Hope this helps illustrate the variability in pad placement/reach capability.

image1low.jpg
image2low.jpg
image3low.jpg
image4low.jpg

Has anyone tried a PR Qbox (or alternative) on the seat post mounting points?

What is the stem angle on the 80mm stem that came on my medium?

Hi timppis
Did you have to change much to get this set up to work?
Did you have to change the stem, base bar etc?

Any help would be great

Are there any experiences for getting the arms more narrow on the Speedmax CF? That’s like the only downside I can see about this awesome bike.
Can someone confirm that other armrests get the arms close together like the Profile Design Ergo?

Are there any experiences for getting the arms more narrow on the Speedmax CF? That’s like the only downside I can see about this awesome bike.
Can someone confirm that other armrests get the arms close together like the Profile Design Ergo?

Is that narrow enough? It’s roughly 7 cm apart (edge to edge in narrowest place) and 17 cm center to center.

IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg

Is that narrow enough? It’s roughly 7 cm apart (edge to edge in narrowest place) and 17 cm center to center.

Great pics, thanks! Could you get it even narrower? Seems like 1cm is left on each side right? Satisfied with the PD Ergo?

At some point I’d like to get myself to go really narrow. Here a pic of Frodeno’s armrest for example: https://www.slowtwitch.com/articles/images/4/146644-largest_Frodo2016Canyon5.jpg

Great pics, thanks! Could you get it even narrower? Seems like 1cm is left on each side right? Satisfied with the PD Ergo?

At some point I’d like to get myself to go really narrow. Here a pic of Frodeno’s armrest for example: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Frodo2016Canyon5.jpg

Yes, I could go even narrower but no bottle would fit in between my arms (planning on xlab 500) and more metal would be sticking outside (but if that’s ok for F1, maybe its also good for Tri ;-). Moreover, PD Ergo or anything in the same design limits/eliminates your elbow movement so combining that with narrow setup might be difficult to handle on long course - note that Frodeno has armrests that allow some small movement. Anyway, I like this setup and feeling ok during 90mins rides. Will have to check it on 5/6hrs tho …

At some point I’d like to get myself to go really narrow. Here a pic of Frodeno’s armrest for example: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Frodo2016Canyon5.jpg

Yes, I could go even narrower but no bottle would fit in between my arms (planning on xlab 500) and more metal would be sticking outside (but if that’s ok for F1, maybe its also good for Tri ;-). Moreover, PD Ergo or anything in the same design limits/eliminates your elbow movement so combining that with narrow setup might be difficult to handle on long course - note that Frodeno has armrests that allow some small movement. Anyway, I like this setup and feeling ok during 90mins rides. Will have to check it on 5/6hrs tho …

Yeah, good point, bottle between the arms while being narrow and without integrated hydration system is gonna be a challenge :confused: I want that watts though!! :wink:

Because the Speedmax CF uses a standard stem with a 31.8 clamp, you can remove the stock basebar and put on a one-piece bar, or leave the basebar and take off the Profile Design T4+ clip-ons (or the Profile Design 35A clip-os with subsonic brackets that now feature on the 2019 Speedmax CF) and put on any aerobar or clip-ons you want; Zipp, ENVE, 51 Speedshop’s new bar, whatever. Find the narrowest pad setup you can find, load 'em up and you’re set.

Forgot to ask… Which armpads are you using on the pictures? Are these the stock ones? Thanks!

Because the Speedmax CF uses a standard stem with a 31.8 clamp, you can remove the stock basebar and put on a one-piece bar, or leave the basebar and take off the Profile Design T4+ clip-ons (or the Profile Design 35A clip-os with subsonic brackets that now feature on the 2019 Speedmax CF) and put on any aerobar or clip-ons you want; Zipp, ENVE, 51 Speedshop’s new bar, whatever. Find the narrowest pad setup you can find, load 'em up and you’re set.

Thanks! Do you happen to know if it’s possible to get narrower with the same aerobars but different pads like the PD ergo pads? With the 2018 model people seem to have been successful in getting quite narrow with this small change cause it was actually only just the pads that were wide. Thanks!!

Those are not stock armpads. As a matter of fact it’s PD ergo …

I tossed my stock arm pads for the PD Ergo ones and was able to get much more narrow. I also tossed the long crank arms, but that’s another story.