No talk at Beryl

A bit shocked no one has talked about hurricane Beryl! Lots of destruction and pain in its path.

Meh. Did a number on the Grenadines, but beyond that it’s no biggie. Will hit Texas at low tide and moving fast.

Next…

A bit shocked no one has talked about hurricane Beryl! Lots of destruction and pain in its path.

I’ve been following from a sailing perspective. Most insurance companies won’t cover hurricane damage in the main hurricane zone in season. Lot’s of Caribbean sailors move their boats to Granada because it is considered outside the hurricane belt. There are a ton of damaged boats.

California wildfires don’t seem to be on the radar this year either. Don’t know how they compare to historical but worse than last year I think

Customers without power is at 1.3 million and counting, which sucks in TX during the summer.

Natural disaster fatigue?

As someone else pointed out, wildfires haven’t really been making the news this summer either.

My fiancée’s Bach party was planned for Tulum July 4-7.

They did a quick pivot Monday night and switched it to Miami and had a fantastic time.

Those of us going through it are waiting until this afternoon when it calms down to do a final damage assessment

They did a quick pivot Monday night and switched it to Miami and had a fantastic time.
https://3uckmusic.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/bach-meme.jpg?w=640

I’ve been following from a sailing perspective. Most insurance companies won’t cover hurricane damage in the main hurricane zone in season. Lot’s of Caribbean sailors move their boats to Granada because it is considered outside the hurricane belt. There are a ton of damaged boats.

I am one of the ones that leaves their boat in carriacou. I have been following it pretty closely as you can imagine. The devastation has been tremendous. More than likely my boat which is my home is a complete loss. It will be years before those islands are habitable again.

I am one of the ones that leaves their boat in carriacou. I have been following it pretty closely as you can imagine. The devastation has been tremendous. More than likely my boat which is my home is a complete loss. It will be years before those islands are habitable again.

Sorry to hear that about your boat. Not knowing it’s status has got to be a bit stressful.

Best of luck, how did you leave it? Slip, moored, anchored, or on on stands?

Meh. Did a number on the Grenadines, but beyond that it’s no biggie. Will hit Texas at low tide and moving fast.

Next…
Not me for me or the few million without power. Fortunately mostly try debris around the area, but it always socks having no a/c. Today had pleasant temps. Tomorrow is going to suck. Hope lines get fixed fast.

Sorry about your home.

Next…

That’s kind of an asshole thing to say.

Castaway, hope your boat is OK.

https://3uckmusic.wordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/bach-meme.jpg?w=640

Handel is too hot. Too Hot to Handel

Next…

That’s kind of an asshole thing to say.

Castaway, hope your boat is OK.

Was I wrong? Was it “a biggie?”

Well castaway likely lost his/her boat.

The remnants of the storm are heading my way. Looking forward to a big rain storm.

The remnants of the storm are heading my way. Looking forward to a big rain storm.

If this country would stop running its power lines on telegraph poles and instead start burying them in the ground like other 1st world countries, there might not be 2m people without power in TX.

Last weekend we had a thunderstorm in northern NJ and the power was out for nearly 24 hours. It’s pathetic. Infrastructure schminfrastucture.

And am sorry for Castaway’s boat.

If this country would stop running its power lines on telegraph poles and instead start burying them in the ground like other 1st world countries, there might not be 2m people without power in TX.

Last weekend we had a thunderstorm in northern NJ and the power was out for nearly 24 hours. It’s pathetic. Infrastructure schminfrastucture.

And am sorry for Castaway’s boat.

I was thinking about this when I woke up in my MIL house (because we don’t have power).

Our stupid solution is to get personal generators. So let’s spend $30,000 to solve a problem individually that if we did it collectively would cost a few hundred dollars.