No Red Bull at Oceanside

There was no Red Bull on course at Oceanside. It’s one of my go-to’s for the run course, disappointed. Any intel on the reason for this, sponsor breakup with IM?

I don’t really care about Red bull, but did they have coke? Just asking for St. George (since I missed Oceanside)

Galveston had coke. No red bull though

I wasn’t there, I too like to have Red Bull for the run leg at a long distance triathlon. Tastes like carbonated apple juice, but only when racing.

I did see the “Mortal Hydration” banners on the fencing inside transition. Did anybody see/taste/use it? Is it perhaps what is being swapped in for Red Bull?

yes there was cola on run course at Oceanside

If IM tried to get rid of cola on the run course it’d be a full on revolt.

That’s a shame. To be honest I kind of thought Red Bull in the course was like coke - non-sponsored, but necessary. I rely on it pretty heavily myself.

Mortal is the rumored Gatorade replacement.

If IM tried to get rid of cola on the run course it’d be a full on revolt.

I agree but…

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

I had a sample of Mortal (berry) - tried that yesterday, at the correct dilution. Wow, that is crazy sweet! I’m not a fan of Gatorade, nor Mortal. But, Ironman - please bring back our RED BULL!!!

Supposedly Gatorade is phasing out the Endurance formula. At Galveston they had both Gatorade “Thirst Quencher” and Mortal.

Correct. Gatorade’s out of the Endurance game.