NFL Wildcard Round (2024)

Sosayusall finishes strong to take the final gold medal podium spot of the regular season, leapfrogging to within two points of first place sweathog in the season points race while simultaneously holding down dead ass last in total wins. Impressive performance from a strategic, anti-windy approach to the game. Hats off to you, sir.

Week 18: points / wins
🥇 sosayusall: 15 / 11
🥈 D.O.: 14 / 10
🥉 Francois: 13 / 11
mck414🏆 12 / 11
sweathog 12 / 10
sphere 11 / 10
BlueDevilTri: 11 / 7
Windy: 10 / 10
DavHamm: 9 / 7
davec: 6 / 6

Season standings: points / wins

1. sweathog: 202 / 168 -
  2. sosayusall: 200 / 131 ↑↑↑
  3. sphere: 196 / 164 -
  4. BlueDevilTri: 196 / 152 -
  5. davec: 192 / 159 ↓↓↓
  6. D.O.: 191 / 159 ↑
  7. Francois: 191 / 147 ↓
  8. windy: 181 / 181 -
  9. mck414🏆: 177 / 161 -
    Mr. Irrelevant: DavHamm: 170 / 133 -

Season standings by wins:

1. windy: 181 -
  2. sweathog: 168 -
  3. sphere: 164 -
  4. mck414🏆: 161 ↑
  5. davec: 159 ↓ (points tiebreak over D.O.)
  6. D.O.: 159 -
  7. BlueDevilTri: 152 -
  8. Francois: 147 -
  9. DavHamm: 133 -
  10. sosayusall: 131 -

Wildcard Weekend:

Notables:

• Favored team wins are worth 2 points, underdogs are worth 4
  • No 5 or 3 point dog games in the playoffs given the escalating point structure
  • as seen on Twitter: NFL scriptwriters sending Tyreek Hill back to Kansas City, Matt Stafford back to Detroit, Packers to Dallas to face off against Mike McCarthy, and Texans to Cleveland to face off against the team they traded Deshaun Watson to all for just the opening round of the playoffs

Get your picks in.

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Get your picks in.

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at *Chiefs *(Miami takes advantage of their home field in the late summer/early fall with the visitors cooking in the sun on the sideline. Game time in KC might be in the single digits. Them fish are going to freeze.)

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

It’s snowing in Kansas City as we speak and is supposed to snow throughout the week. It will be in single digits on Saturday night and the windchill will make it even colder. I’m wondering how much I can get for my tickets.

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at *Chiefs *(Miami takes advantage of their home field in the late summer/early fall with the visitors cooking in the sun on the sideline. Game time in KC might be in the single digits. Them fish are going to freeze.)

I REALLY hope Miami shows up and trounces KC at home. Give that whiny arse Mahomes something to legitimately whine about.

It’s snowing in Kansas City as we speak and is supposed to snow throughout the week. It will be in single digits on Saturday night and the windchill will make it even colder. I’m wondering how much I can get for my tickets.

Fair weather fan

Fair weather fan

I’ll give you 2 windy points for that.

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
**Rams **at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Saturday:
Browns at TEXANS
Dolphins at CHIEFS

Sunday:
Steelers at BILLS
Packers at COWBOYS
Rams at LIONS

Monday night:
*eagles at *BUCS

changed to a bucs win. Hope it pays later.

Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

I read today that a #7 seed has never won in the playoffs. I’d love to see that streak end in Buffalo but I suspect everyone is on the right track with their Bills and Cowboys picks.

I’ll give 3 bucks each!

Thought about sabotaging sweathog, like I did DaveC last week (sorry). But I’ll just go with some wack picks.

Saturday:
**Browns at Texans **
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills – no Watt no win** **
Packers at Cowboys** **
Rams at Lions

Monday night:

Eagles at Bucs — god why could it not have worked out so we could play against a Patrica defense.

Your prayers have been answered.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1745106801480110093?s=46&t=f4MKbkOzpNU_o_bXlnvUlQ

Saturday:
Browns at Texans
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Saturday:
Browns at **Texans **
Dolphins at Chiefs

Sunday:
Steelers at Bills
Packers at Cowboys
Rams at Lions

Monday night:
Eagles at Bucs

Final Podium standing prediction

1.Francois
2.sosayusall
3.sphere

Your prayers have been answered.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1745106801480110093?s=46&t=f4MKbkOzpNU_o_bXlnvUlQ

We’re getting rid of Fields?

The wind chill in KC Saturday night will be “dangerously cold,” per the National Weather Service.

It is expected to be a wind chill of NEGATIVE 30 DEGREES.

I don’t know how you play football in those conditions. Or sit in the stands.

Rumor is that the Steelers-Bills game may be moved to Cleveland given the projected snowfall. Could be an interesting wildcard weekend.

The wind chill in KC Saturday night will be “dangerously cold,” per the National Weather Service.

It is expected to be a wind chill of NEGATIVE 30 DEGREES.

I don’t know how you play football in those conditions. Or sit in the stands.

Rumor is that the Steelers-Bills game may be moved to Cleveland given the projected snowfall. Could be an interesting wildcard weekend.

I wonder what the liability (real or just PR) might be to the NFL or Chiefs if a spectator or player suffers from significant hypothermia related medical issues.