NEW TRI BIKE, Help!

I recently sold my 2018 QR PR Five and am now looking for my next ride.

Relevant points:
6’2’’ 195 lbs 34’’ inseam
QR was 56cm frame which I’ve been told is too small
I’ve had severe neck pain on prior bike for any ride > 2 hours

Buying this week yet haven’t finalized!

Either a new 58cm Cervelo Rival AXS or a used 2019 Cervelo P5X (from a local FB tri-group).
Price range is similar, $5,000 - $6,000.
I am also scoping Pro’s Closest for deals.

Looking for pros/cons/comments to help in the decision.

Thanks all,
Ryan

While the P5X is fast, is also HEAVY! Small parts hard to get.

You didn’t mention the model of Cervelo with rival AXS??

Also, I’d get a fit before I bought another bike that wasn’t the right size.

Cervelo p series rival size 60

I’m 6’ and have the 56 and 58 if the p series rival

The 58 makes it so I can get low and long

The 56 not as much

Apologies, P Series Rival. Yes, I have a bike fit for this Thursday with a local guru.

FWIW, the P5X is “XL”

If those were my only choices and both fit well I’d get the P Series and upgrade as budget allows.

That’s right, I’d be looking at the 58cm p series rival. I figure I’ll learn if that’s correct at the bike fit I have scheduled for this Thursday.

Which way would you lean between the two, and why?

Curiosity peaked. Why leaning towards P Series?
Also, it reads like you have a different preference/recommendation.
I’m all ears.

To me, it’s a no brainer between the 2 listed. As I said, the X is fast. Heavy AF. No thanks. Small parts availability, sure people are printing them now. But still.

What distance primarily do you race? Clearly UCI legal doesn’t matter.

Myself and my girl both ride P5D bikes so maybe I’m biased.

I’ve been looking at new rigs, hard to leave a bike that is arguable the fastest out….or near the top.

That said, I dig the Cube Aerium, new P5D, Factor Hanzo.

1 Like

IM Copenhaguen AG madness - #69 by marcag[quote=“DeucesWild22, post:7, topic:1277902, full:true”]
That’s right, I’d be looking at the 58cm p series rival. I figure I’ll learn if that’s correct at the bike fit I have scheduled for this Thursday.

Which way would you lean between the two, and why?
[/quote]

Between which 2?

Like you, I decided to upgrade my very fast but getting old 2014 Cervelo P5-6. Bike has been used for Sprints, mostly OLYs and 4x at Kona. My bike shop is a Cervelo dealer but to make long story short, decided on a new Trek SC. Took a while to get dialed in but very fast and better handling with the 28mm tires. Definately avoid the P5X. Heavy, not the best handling, and as others have said, tough on parts. My bike shop has had a used one for sale for over a year. As others have said, make sure you get a good fit and hopefully you have some budget left for a good set of race wheels. This forum used to have reviews of the P5x, P3x and P5 but I don’t know where they went.
ps- there’s a new P5 58 Ultegra for sale in classifieds

Thanks all. Very helpful on the P5X. I am now considering other options.

For example, I am bringing this used Canyon into the shop for review. Lots of tech/upgrades which is nice. Any initial takes?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/477971671840479/?ref=marketplace_pdp_share