New Trek Speed Concept

The rear box can be ordered from the website now https://custombikexcessories.com/products/ols/products/2021-trek-speed-concept-rear-box.

The box in the picture is the prototype, the production version will be dark grey almost black.

I am wrapping up the prototype design in the next day or two.

Yann

Hi Mitch,
I just sent you a PM. Just a heads up.

IĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢ve had good luck with rolling up the tube as tight as I can in a flat oval shape, and then coat the tube in a light layer of baby powder. It slides right in.

My top tab busted too. Weak opening point.

My question though. Anyone got suggestion for cleaning the tube? I got some gunk up by the bite valve but canĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t undo the valve so need a long cleaner. Or, can I undo the valve and I just didnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t pull hard enough. Thanks all.

That looks amazing with those wheels. Very nice build.

This questioned is not directed towards you specifically but to anyone. I just bought my second Speed Concept Disc. For sizing, I am on the cusp of a medium and large. I rode a medium last year but I was maxed out on reach and had high stack under the aero extensions which I didnā€™t like. I just bought a large and am in the process of building it up, so far it seems like it will be much better but Iā€™d still love to swap the aero extensions. Is there is a list anywhere of compatible extensions? I see many pros on different things including Drag2Zero, Aerocoach, RideSync, etc and not sure how much custom modification is required or if they are sub-par options since it exposes the cables or isnā€™t adjustable etc. Is there a decent plug and play option out there yet?

medium and a longggggg way away im in western australia

The bike in the picture is a medium. The box will be available for purchase soon.

Trick is to just remove the tube holder ā€œloopā€ and keep the cover plate. You can comfortably fit 2 tubes, 2 CO2ā€™s + adapter, and 2 levers in the downtube then.

-Scott

Trick is to just remove the tube holder ā€œloopā€ and keep the cover plate. You can comfortably fit 2 tubes, 2 CO2ā€™s + adapter, and 2 levers in the downtube then.

-Scott
Hi Scott,

Wow! ThatĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s great! Would you have any pictures?

Thank you.

Two screws attach the tube Ć¢ā‚¬Å“loopĆ¢ā‚¬Ā to the cover plate.

Scott

Got it! Thank you, I will give it a try!

Love all the room in the downtube and being able to ditch the old (heavy) draftbox and not clutter up the seatpost with a bagā€¦coverplate without the tube loop:

SC-plate.jpg

Got done with this one a few weeks ago. Now to dial in the fit a bit more after an extended time away my old fit definitely needs some work.

IMG_0128.jpeg

Hey Ben! I currently have an alpha one on my older canyon speedmax cf7 and am considering upgrading to a new trek speed concept. Can you use the alpha one and maintain the factory warranty? Is are there over ways to use tri rig components on the speed concept? Thanks!

Hey Ben! I currently have an alpha one on my older canyon speedmax cf7 and am considering upgrading to a new trek speed concept. Can you use the alpha one and maintain the factory warranty? Is are there over ways to use tri rig components on the speed concept? Thanks!
So as far as Iā€™m aware, the only thing that may create problems with the warranty is the punching a hole through the food storage area to route the front brake cable. Now this is a completely non structural part but generally any holes put anywhere are enough reason for a company to not honor a warranty for anything. Donā€™t quote me on all that though. Iā€™d try to get something in writing from a Trek rep that using other bars isnā€™t an issue.

It is possible to just toss some standard open or closed back scoops on the Trek bars, but it requires the special m4 bolt washers we sell and may take some spacer usage to work with the weird trek extensions.

Can anyone explain to this idiot what accounts for the roughly $5,000 difference between the SLR9 and SLR6? From what I understand, the frames are identical so itā€™s just the parts. Looking at the specs, Iā€™m not sure I see $5,000 more in parts on the SLR9 AXS than the SLR6.

yep, partsā€¦and wheels. Instead of the ā€˜proā€™, you get the RSL version.

But isnā€™t that just a $1,000 difference? And isnā€™t the price difference between the groupsets roughly the same? Still not seeing why the SLR9 AXS is $14,000 and the SLR6 AXS is $9,000.

But isnā€™t that just a $1,000 difference? And isnā€™t the price difference between the groupsets roughly the same? Still not seeing why the SLR9 AXS is $14,000 and the SLR6 AXS is $9,000.

probably. There is no real reason unless you want the best of it all i guess. Frame is the same, including type of carbon fibre.

Can anyone explain to this idiot what accounts for the roughly $5,000 difference between the SLR9 and SLR6? From what I understand, the frames are identical so itā€™s just the parts. Looking at the specs, Iā€™m not sure I see $5,000 more in parts on the SLR9 AXS than the SLR6.

Itā€™s probably a lot more economical to buy a frameset and di2 components separately (someone on TR just built up di2 12 speed for 1400 ish) and get bars and seatpost.
$5000 frame *a guy on eBay is selling M and L frames for $3000 OBO and he seems legit.

So, 3k frame +$1500 group+ $1500 bars and seatpost = $6k.

I agree with you. No way DA is worth that much more, especially if frame is same carbon level.

Favor neededā€¦ I have a medium speed concept on order (4-6 weeks away), di2. For powermeter I am going with a Factory Install for a Stages LR but before I send in a new D-A crank to have the PM added, I want to make sure there is frame clearance (check requested by Stages).? Hoping to have the Crank back by the time the bike shows upā€¦

Since I do not have the SC yet, could someone check this and confirm whether or not it clears? See picture belowā€¦This check has to be done with a Shimano crank.

Thanks in advance!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.freshdesk.com/data/helpdesk/attachments/production/11097751456/original/KD0w-6svKfrr1c-BJVKva62jiBP-kO2t9w.png