New Trek Speed Concept

Hey all, we finally got approval from the CPSC - it unfortunately takes a long time for them to approve things which prevents us from legally providing details. New base bars are available and are being sent out now. If you have an urgent race need, have your retailer submit a claim for the base bar on your Speed Concept and have them include the date(s) of your next race(s) so we can ensure we get you taken care of ASAP before your next race! Thank you all for the patience in this matter, I know it took longer than anyone had hoped for!

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/company/legal_policies/safety_recalls/

Thank you for the update Mitch, we appreciate it.

Can we have comfort and confidence in the new base bars and that whatever happened to the original one, will NOT happen to us with the new set up?

Can confirm my awesome retailer has just received the replacement base bar and is installing it for this weekend’s race as well as my Trek BTA set-up. My Emonda has the temp replacement bar/stem already.

Ride with confidence on the new bars

That’s great. Glad you got set up for it so quickly!

Replacement base bar looks similar to the old recalled version, as a bonus the new Bontrager BTA set-up finally came in as well, so they installed that too. My first sippy-straw BTA set-up. Did a 10 mile test ride today and all seems sorted.

Anyone with the BTA Bottle taken it apart for cleaning yet? Looks like its designed to open on one side, but no instructions came with it and I don’t want to break it.

Got a link to the water bottle? My shop said back ordered till October.

Any word on bta bottles? My shop said back ordered till October. I got st George that month so was hoping to get it earlier. Thanks.

Got a pic?

What plate did you use and how did you mount?

Check post number 896

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7731923#p7731923

Reach out via pm if interested. Quite a few users on here using it.

Seems my bta solution is back ordered. How much for this plate?

I use it and love it. Use a torpedo bottle w/ their computer mount as i dont have a SC computer mount yet

Has anyone found a 3rd party multi tool that fits in the frame compartment?

The Bontrager BITS Integrated Multi-Tool is sold out everywhere, but also I would like to have a multitool with a chain tool in it as well.

Measurements I took with my calipers on the storage compartment are a measely 2.4inches long by 0.9 inches wide by 0.4 inches high?

I just spent the last hour on amazon looking at Multi-tools and no one even comes close to making tools that small - forget about ones that have chain tool.

Thanks

Has anyone found a 3rd party multi tool that fits in the frame compartment?

The Bontrager BITS Integrated Multi-Tool is sold out everywhere, but also I would like to have a multitool with a chain tool in it as well.

Measurements I took with my calipers on the storage compartment are a measely 2.4inches long by 0.9 inches wide by 0.4 inches high?

I just spent the last hour on amazon looking at Multi-tools and no one even comes close to making tools that small - forget about ones that have chain tool.

Thanks
Nope. I did the same hunting-and-digging that you’re doing, assuming that Trek/Bontrager was likely having this manufactured by some third party who also made the same thing branded for some other company. I ultimately got lucky and got the BITS off of REI when it randomly happened to be in stock one day. It’s pretty compact as these things go.

i use a butter knife on the side that has a little space to pop the lid off… i use it gently to try and not scratch and after 8 or 9 cleaning times now i haven’t scratched it and seem to have found the perfect pressure…

I found the BITS multi-tool at a local Trek dealer the other day, makes me think it’s out there

That did the trick- thanks my friend!

My LBS in Canada has about 10 of them in stock.