New Trek Speed Concept

So get your bike back from the shop and assume the risk of riding it before it being replaced?

So, my bike shop has come up empty with BTA setup. Originally said they’d have something in July.

My IM is coming up and I need to start practicing with a BTA bottle (since I’ve never used one before).

I purchased a 3d printer (meaning to do this anyway) and have been playing with a few brackets and braces out there.

I used calipers and did some measurements and modifications and am happy to say with the Torpedo $44 bottle, $20 cage and $0.25 in PLA (will use carbon fiber PLA for final print) I successfully completed a road test today.

Low profile zip ties coming, final brackets and ties will be black.

cage-view.jpg
side-view.jpg
top-view.jpg

Anybody else had issues with their seat post slipping? Every time I ride, it slips a couple of mm. My fitter put that graphite paste in there, but it’s still happening. Anybody else?

It seems to continuously change. Very unhappy with Trek to be honest. Favourite brand to one I likely won’t buy again after the lack of communication and blown race season while waiting for “soon” to come.

My bike was supposed to ship July 29th, then August 14th, now says September 19th. So there goes IM Augusta and possibly IM NC 70.3! Oh well, there is always next season.

That sucks.nfor you and JK. Hopefully things get resolved quickly. That would really suck if the seatpost becomes an issue too. Because if it’s happening for you, than it’s happening for others too probably.

No issues on mine, I have about 3000 miles on the bike so far and raced one very bumpy 70.3 on it in June.

I’ve had no issues with my seatpost slipping. I’d suggest taking out the post and clamping mechanism and cleaning it all with alcohol. Then reassemble according to the manual with grease and carbon paste in the appropriate spots.

Finally got the call from the LBS that the bars are ready to be replaced (I’m in Australia). Fingers crossed everything starts trickling through.

Where in aus are you what state ? My bike has been pushed back to mid October from basically now because of the bars 😫

South Australia. Was waiting aprox 6 weeks from initial notice to repair

I ended up requesting and getting a refund. The guys at my local Trek shop were great and handled things the best they could given the circumstances. I hope they get this solved for everyone sometime soon.

What did you decide on? Canyon?

Fortunately, there was a Speedmax CFR available in my size, so I went for it. More than I wanted to spend, but here we are.

I’m in the US, just checked with my shop and was told Trek called them yesterday to let them know my new bars had been shipped…so here’s hoping I can get it fixed and ready to race for my mid-Sept race.

I’m in the US, just checked with my shop and was told Trek called them yesterday to let them know my new bars had been shipped…so here’s hoping I can get it fixed and ready to race for my mid-Sept race.
Which prompted me to call my Trek shop (in the US) just now, and they said that they haven’t heard a thing. Sigh.

I know the LBS I worked with put in a warranty claim for the new bars back when this first came to light, don’t know if that makes a difference or not?

Hi All-

Trek shop just called me to say they have replaced the bar and the bike would be ready to go if I still wanted it (purchased another bike). These bars should be out to shops shortly!

I see Bike Radar just posted an article saying the recall has officially been announced but is limited to Australia only for now but it will affect all regions. I read this as I’m packing my bike for Ironman Canada.

Might be a longshot but would anyone have the 30mm tower spacers that they are not using? Thanks