New Trek Speed Concept

I wonder if it’s a faring (bayonet style) and with the Kanute turning, it makes it look wider?

Orbea headtube is also super slim now.

Def doesn’t look like he’s turning, nor is it a bayonet. It’s just fat.

no front iso speed. only the seat tube iso speed. There will be 2 “versions” labeled at SL and SLR to stick with their versioning of there other road bikes. The bike was only designed with electronic shifting. Not sure if they retro-fitted later for mechanical option.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4704czg9jcmiytfcq2gwpa1ooauhy0t5306gfk1iol&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

https://media2.giphy.com/media/tFK8urY6XHj2w/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4704czg9jcmiytfcq2gwpa1ooauhy0t5306gfk1iol&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Mitch you’re a tease!!

to all: if you see an SC in the wild, you may post that here, that’s fair game. but if somebody is posting material that is for an intended future release, that’s probably either the breaking of an agreed-to embargo, or it’s the result of a hack. those i’m more likely to pull down. i’d ask you refrain from publishing embargoed material. thanks for understanding. i promise you we’ll have plenty to say about this bike, if it exists :wink:

I was about 30 secs into the theoretical video that may or may not exist when it got pulled from YouTube (again, assuming there is such a video)… At 3:44 in length (if such video actually exists), I just wish I had started 3 minutes and 14 seconds earlier.

Well there was only 1 or 2 things that was in the video that hasn’t been mentioned already in this thread. The new bike is claimed to be faster by a good margin.

Yea it’s claimed to be allot faster. I hope there’s a white paper, as extraordinary claims require more supporting information.

Yea it’s claimed to be allot faster. I hope there’s a white paper, as extraordinary claims require more supporting information.

i think you’re right. both the new QR V-PR as well as - theoretically - any bike that might come from trek, should have supporting documentation, and you should be able to ask any questions that you want about protocols, etc. you should ask them here, that is, on the forum in whatever is the appropriate thread, and we will endeavor to make sure they’re fully answered to any reasonable satisfaction. my instinct tells me november is going to be a great month for bike news in general.

I hope there’s a sensibly priced one.
And some availability before I’m 127 years old.

Otherwise I won’t be buying even if it has the ability to transport me to the finish of the bike leg before I even started it.

I was about 30 secs into the theoretical video that may or may not exist when it got pulled from YouTube (again, assuming there is such a video)… At 3:44 in length (if such video actually exists), I just wish I had started 3 minutes and 14 seconds earlier.

Watched the whole thing, I just figured it was published. In this day and age a social manager not scheduling something correctly is a huge offense!

16 Watts Faster, would like to see the data that backs it up. Bento Box has an insane capacity for gels(if you did gels only you could get like 16 in there). If I were in the market I would have liked to see fuselage based tank for water, but if I’m to believe what Holly stated. The bottle they designed for the bike works within the system, but then why in the world are other athletes not using that bottle that was designed for the bike! LoL.

I’m most curious if you can go mantis easily with their extension step.

That’s exactly why I plan on attending the event next week. Forget about the pros, giveaways, food, etc. As a mechanical engineer myself, I’m there for the engineering team. It’ll be nice to hear straight from the source.

I’ve been in the new bike market for a couple of months now and it’s been hard to decide when to pull the trigger when there’s always another new, amazing bike just on the horizon.

When/where is the event? I’d like to attend somehow (even if it’s online) as I’m an engineer too.

Just waiting until I can submit my P1 SLR order for one. Keeping my current SpeedConcept as well- perfect for travel and backup duties. Normally I sell off my old race bikes, but just can’t do it this time.

Cyclologic in Scottsdale next Thursday see their FB page

At this rate, I’ll be getting something like 50W of aero gains when I switch from my Specialized Transition, aluminum brake track 404s, no disc, tri shorts with cycling jersey, and LG rocket helmet to a new tri bike, modern wheels and tires, a disc, an aero short sleeve trisuit, and aerohead helmet. Unless, of course, most of the proposed gains from manufacturers are overstated…

I am curious as to whether the new SC will be more Campagnolo friendly. The current one took some work to make the rear derailleur EPS wire fit through the exit hole at the back of the frame.
Also wondering about the bottom bracket they are planning on using and whether it will work with a Campagnolo crank. I bypassed a new Emonda road frame earlier this year because of that issue.

I am curious as to whether the new SC will be more Campagnolo friendly. The current one took some work to make the rear derailleur EPS wire fit through the exit hole at the back of the frame.
Also wondering about the bottom bracket they are planning on using and whether it will work with a Campagnolo crank. I bypassed a new Emonda road frame earlier this year because of that issue.

just, in general, what kinds of BBs do you prefer?