New Trek Speed Concept

Add Rinny and Tim Reed to list now.

It’s interesting if you look at Tim Reed’s setup on the old vs new. The new bike has a lot of pad y spacers on it and his old bike I think he was running a 40 mm mono spacer. Assuming his fit is relatively the same, the new bike looks to be lower than the old. Let’s just hope it’s just as long (pad x).

Assuming they were to launch in Kona. I hope they now do at Ironman Cali.

Im looking for new rig and given how long it takes to get a bike between order and arrive at LBS i hope the case for Cali launch. Or Cervelo has a sale.

Good shot of Skye Moench new trek bike on the Chattanooga facebook video posted by IM a few hours ago.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242091607728374&aggr_v_ids=242091607728374&notif_id=1632645234100908&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

Hi newbie here looking to get a Tri bike that does NOT have a Pressfit BB. Does anyone have any info if the upcoming SC is going to be on T47 BB? Any idea when it will eventually be launched?

As far as I can tell Trek has been phasing out their proprietary pressfit BB system (BB90) for the past 5 years or so and moving all new models to T47. I would fully expect the new speed concept to follow in these footsteps especially given all the highend Madone’s are T47. This is as much a marketing decision as anything else. Trek has sorta of backed themselves in a corner in selling the ‘benifits’ of the T47 such that to go back to a pressfit system and then market the snot out of those will look bizarre.

For all the complaints around press fit systems I think TT bikes are an ideal home for pressfit. Pressfit reduces frame costs in full carbon frames and for most people a TT bike will see very very few BB changes during its lifetime.

There’s a picture of holly Lawrence’s bike that clearly shows the bb is threaded. I would assume it’s t47.

I hope I’m wrong but I highly doubt you will see it announced this week/weekend for Cali. Depending on supply chain issues, I think it will be sometime between Nov-Jan when it’s announced.

True. My LBS cannot get a 56cm P5. Quote “oversold”.

Another note is the Shimano transition to 12 speed. The plug-in is different. Basically nothing from di2 11 speed transitions over. So thats a supply problem for sure never mind a major customer irritant (ie: me!)

The TT shifters and brake levers are the same from 11 speed to 12 speed.

Its T47.

Man, I was hoping with Trek World being this week we’d get a nugget…

this is good to know. I was thinking of buying 12 speed tri and do the switch with my Emonda Di2 11-speed. I ride 95% on my road bike. Of course, would need new di2 shifters for road bike and those are NOT cheap!

Do you mean cannot get now or indefinitely? Just had a shop tell me 3 months for a 56cm p5D frameset (Purple Sunset of course), but that Cervelo had said to “get the order in quick” as (future) supply was drying up

I had seen the new Trek SC disc at Ironman Mallorca, it is awesome

(https://i.postimg.cc/52jnQvtB/73-A8-B094-4-FE5-4818-AD55-617-A000-F0216.jpg)](https://postimg.cc/4YkzrYVy)

nothing to order was available for P5 full bike in a 56 early last week. I do know why. Maybe just the transition between 2021 11-speed to 2022 12-speed IDK. I didn’t care as not buying until I learn of the SC availability and pricing. Even then given price of these things probably going used 11 speed mechanical. My only requirement is disc brakes as have race wheels in disc

Another note is the Shimano transition to 12 speed. The plug-in is different. Basically nothing from di2 11 speed transitions over. So thats a supply problem for sure never mind a major customer irritant (ie: me!)

Why does the plug matter? Shimano has an adapter to convert old wires.

Yes BUT firmware only updates on 11 speed TT brakes/shifters. You can have all the wire adapter you want but otherwise there is not a cheap conversion option on road group from what I can tell.

https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-r9200-r8100-and-11-speed-di2-compatibility/

I didn’t say there was a cheap conversion option. I just said the plug isn’t a problem

Yes. True. Didnt mean to suggest otherwise.

Agree, looks very sexy… However I am still looking for the upgrades.
Disc can be argued as a pro or con (weight, aerodynamics, ability to maintain and adjust, parts availability)
BTA bottle pretty much the same.
The front end we are yet to see if it’s an improvement. At the top end many are now looking at custom front ends and I think a project one option should be an great.
Repair storage… I’m not sure if moving the rear storage that was pretty aero and putting into the down tube making it impossible to run a bottle cage seems silly to me.

I certainly think it looks great but when it comes to being a massive improvement I just don’t see it.

I had seen the new Trek SC disc at Ironman Mallorca, it is awesome

(https://i.postimg.cc/52jnQvtB/73-A8-B094-4-FE5-4818-AD55-617-A000-F0216.jpg

There is a cutout on the aero frame bottle holder/cage that allows you access the flat storage without removing the cage/holder. You just have to take off the bottle itself. If you want to just run a regular bottle/cage, it mounts above the flat storage higher up on the downtube so you can still access the storage.

As far as upgrades, there isn’t a massive improvement. The existing SC is a fantastic bike and got a lot of things right when it was introduced many years ago. I do see a few improvements though with the new bike:

• T47 BB
  • larger/integrated top tube storage
  • ability to run 28mm + tires (debatable if this is an improvement as it’s individual)
  • integrated bta hydration