New Giro Aerohead?

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-04 at 06.12.36.jpeg

it gets better

430995829_3696555113959826_8631384827568648449_n.jpg

They out penised the POC Tempor.

I would sell my Aeroswitch and Aerohead to try a Sweet Protection or TT5 or this but they’re basically vaporware.

I’m in. Let’s do it.

430861690_10159873776905869_8181909023730698601_n.jpg

Ahhh, please UCI, take action

If a penis ever became a superhero in marvel… this would be the head sorted

I love the shit out of Giro’s designers not giving AF. I would absolutely wear it if I was competing. But that look is just straight looool

Wow. Shoulda saved that for the tdf, no way that doesn’t get banned before then. Might as well have a fairing between their hands and back.

One of (if not the) top team in the sport, helmet developed by one of the biggest helmet manufacturers. This is going to remain legal. If this came from a middling team like Uno X or Smith helmets you’d see it squashed before the end of the stage.

Plus, Giro has said it makes it “safer” by giving better vision when your head is down. UCI’s ostensible ‘safety’ priority is now covered.

Wonder what the weight is and if that is a litte ventilaton hole in the front or something else (easier to see on the black version)?

Please. “I can’t breathe in this thing”

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/14fad295-be33-4afe-bb7e-97fa0887405a/ddkgavh-86e74793-61a7-425a-b94b-e4389c1e3b0c.jpg/v1/fill/w_875,h_914,q_70,strp/dark_helmet___spaceballs_by_fubango_ddkgavh-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTMzNyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE0ZmFkMjk1LWJlMzMtNGFmZS1iYjdlLTk3ZmEwODg3NDA1YVwvZGRrZ2F2aC04NmU3NDc5My02MWE3LTQyNWEtYjk0Yi1lNDM4OWMxZTNiMGMuanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.M1zOTF3IeQ4a2PORMWS6chNwmJknmb04vFI5tCYyZeA

Plus, Giro has said it makes it “safer” by giving better vision when your head is down. UCI’s ostensible ‘safety’ priority is now covered.

What about all the extra rotational forces on your head and neck if you do crash in a helmet that big?

What about all the extra rotational forces on your head and neck if you do crash in a helmet that big?

They can just say it passed EU/NHTSA testing. There really is no consistency in UCI rulings other than trying to keep the sport looking like the Eddy Merckx era.

How soon before we start to see this on the start line in an IM? I say this half in jest, and half wondering how much $$ this is going to cost, and how much time savings there might be.

While it looks ridiculous, this has to be safer than the Joe Skipper special, no?

Can’t be any less safe than what we’ve seen previously… We’ve seen longer tails than this has out front (though you’re probably less likely to hit the tail than the head)

https://cdn.triathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/919.jpg?width=728

I love the shit out of Giro’s designers not giving AF. I would absolutely wear it if I was competing. But that look is just straight looool

Not a penis, sorry

https://youtu.be/3YTIMGmZUr4

How soon before we start to see this on the start line in an IM? I say this half in jest, and half wondering how much $$ this is going to cost, and how much time savings there might be.

While it looks ridiculous, this has to be safer than the Joe Skipper special, no?

There was a video of skipper aero testing on the velodrome and his advisors were suggesting putting nutrition between the helmet and shoulder to close the gap. No joke

So I suspect we see Joe filling this helmet with nutrition. Rumored capacity is 1 shopping cart.

lol nailed it. That said, I bet it tests well.

Olympic year. More helmets are coming…let the Games begin. Most will be out (being used in races) by May.