New cycling shoes

I need new cycling shoes
Now i have northwave with stifnes index 8.
What is the difference and benefits if i buy shoes with carbon sole and stifnes 10 or more?

GCN always jokes about the shoe stiffness index, and they’re right - the scale is arbitrary. Within the same brand the stiffness index would be meaningful, but you shouldn’t exactly compare between brands.

I think the number one requirement for shoes is fit / comfort. The number two requirement (for me) is weight. The number three requirement is stiffness. I skip aero, as there’s no comprehensive verifiable data and I skip speedplay compatibility, as only a few brands offer those.

Since the fit / comfort is my number one, I can shamelessly say that I always choose Shimano shoes, because they offer the “wide” size range. I tried them and stayed with them. My sweet spot is in their RC7 range, finding the RC9 too hard and not cushioned enough. It doesn’t mean at all, that you need to choose Shimano. Quite the contrary: choose something that fits you and stiffer doesn’t always mean better.

GCN always jokes about the shoe stiffness index, and they’re right - the scale is arbitrary. Within the same brand the stiffness index would be meaningful, but you shouldn’t exactly compare between brands.

I think the number one requirement for shoes is fit / comfort. The number two requirement (for me) is weight. The number three requirement is stiffness. I skip aero, as there’s no comprehensive verifiable data and I skip speedplay compatibility, as only a few brands offer those.

Since the fit / comfort is my number one, I can shamelessly say that I always choose Shimano shoes, because they offer the “wide” size range. I tried them and stayed with them. My sweet spot is in their RC7 range, finding the RC9 too hard and not cushioned enough. It doesn’t mean at all, that you need to choose Shimano. Quite the contrary: choose something that fits you and stiffer doesn’t always mean better.

Waw. Tenks for answer.
Are shimano all wider or you need to look for wide model of shimano?

Shimano has a normal range and a wide range, e.g. you can buy “44” or “44 wide”. That being said, for triathlon shoes model I have a normal 44 (no socks).