New Cervelo P5 2024/2025

A new P5 is on his way folks, who know more about this?

Where are you seeing this?

Confirmed by multiple local cervelo dealers…jumbo visma wil use the new p5 already in Tour de france

Will they also have a new P series?

Dont know that…

I saw a newish P-Series at my local shop and it looks like at some point in the last year or two Cervelo changed the front brake cable routing to exit the head tube directly below the stem. The fork is also new, they removed the hole where the brake cable used to be routed.

Yes, each year models get little changes but now we are talking about a total new frame for the P5.

Im here 4 some spyshots or other info :slight_smile:

I have noticed that the cable seems to not run externally in many models I have seen. Never noticed a fork change. I would consider a p series, I feel they are really well priced. Hoping they have an upgrade too, and it is reasonable.

Any leaked photos?

I have one from 2020 and it was pretty easy to route the cable up through the stem with the help of an FSA compression net that has a pass-through. Lot’s of value with the P-Series and they’re easily customizable with little to no proprietary parts.

With a few months before the pro’s will race on the new one, there have to be leaked photo’s by now…but…where? :wink:

Assuming this is true, I wonder how much faster they can make it. It’s already the king of the hill and no one has really been able to leapfrog cervelo.

If it comes out 2-3-4ww faster it’s not worth upgrading imo.

The low hanging fruit, even at the pointy end of the AG field is still people’s position not a 4w reduction in frame drag

Assuming this is true, I wonder how much faster they can make it. It’s already the king of the hill and no one has really been able to leapfrog cervelo.

If it comes out 2-3-4ww faster it’s not worth upgrading imo.

The low hanging fruit, even at the pointy end of the AG field is still people’s position not a 4w reduction in frame drag

Old P2, P3 & P5 frames are very fast so still Cervelo dominates the bike count wherever you go. Not to mention P-Series and P5D. I think P3X and P5X are ugly and I don’t see them much.

Impossible to find anything on it of course!

Maybe also explains why it is so incredibly difficult to find a new P5 anywhere…

I’d wager that more integrated storage is the direction they’ll go. Flat kit inside the frame, hydration bladder, etc.

This, with the same drag numbers as a P-series, would sell me in a heartbeat.

Until then, I’m sticking with the rim brake setup I have…

I was just on a podcast as a guest (Cycling Time Trial Podcast) for an upcoming episode. We talked a bit about how rim brake bikes are still pretty fast compared to disc brakes.

When Kiley, Heath, Dave and I did the Aerobike Shootout at A2 I talked with the people at Cervelo who designed the P5X. They told me the P5X would have been about 5w faster with rim brakes.

IDK think the P5disc is 5w faster than the p5x.

Maybe follow all the socials of the Jumbo Visma team and one of them might inadvertently leak it on a training camp much to Cervelo’s frustration.

I have no idea, but probably more evolution than revolution. Integrated storage, more tyre clearance, triathlete bolt ons that don’t have a negative aero impact like they did on the current one.

I was just on a podcast as a guest (Cycling Time Trial Podcast) for an upcoming episode. We talked a bit about how rim brake bikes are still pretty fast compared to disc brakes.

When Kiley, Heath, Dave and I did the Aerobike Shootout at A2 I talked with the people at Cervelo who designed the P5X. They told me the P5X would have been about 5w faster with rim brakes.

IDK think the P5disc is 5w faster than the p5x.

What does this mean, though? Wouldnt putting rim brakes on the p5x have been practically/realistically impossible? The premise of that bike was, in part, “hey look what we can do if we dont have to use rim brakes”.

Not meaning to be argumentative. Because you said it was the cervelo people who said this, and not you. I get that. But just curious what you think they meant with that statement.

I should clarify; I don’t imagine discs as an aero upgrade on their own merits, at least right now.

I am fortunate to own a bike which is fits me well but that I also know isn’t the fastest rim brake out there. If and when I pull the trigger, I would be willing to bet that the P Series or P5 definitely is faster… for me. I would just have to outlay for all new wheels etc.