New Active.com registration procedures for Ironman events

Checking on online registration for IMFL tomorrow and I noticed what is copied and pasted below. Not sure if this will make things easier or harder to get in. Now it’s a race to to hit the register button as opposed to the payment button.

**New Active.com Registration Instructions: **

**¥ **IMPORTANT! You must have a valid ACTIVE.com account in order to register for 2013 IRONMAN Florida. Please go to http://www.active.com/myactive to create an ACTIVE.com account or to verify your username and password if you have an existing account. Please do this prior to on-line general entry opening at noon central time on November 4th, 2012.

¥ Once on-line registration opens at noon central time on Sunday, November 4th, click ÔRegister NowÕ and log into your ACTIVE.com account.

¥ After you select your registration category for IRONMAN Florida, your slot will be reserved for 15 minutes to allow you ample time to complete the form and process payment. After 15 minutes, if you have not completed the form and processed payment, your session will expire and your slot will be re-opened to the public.

¥ Once the permitted number of athletes for the event have entered the registration form, you may see a notification that registration is ‘(on hold)’. This means that all spots are being held by athletes who are in the process of filling out their forms. Registration is NOT yet sold out; if any of those athletes exit the form then slots may re-open. Please check back periodically or refresh the page.

¥ Once the allowed number of athletes for the event have processed online payment and all slots have been sold, then you will see an official notification that registration is ‘(sold out)’. At this point all currently available registrations are sold out and registration is closed.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Lots of people complain that they have to fill out all the required boxes and it fills up because they don’t type fast enough.
I wonder if Active/WTC will use this to gather additional information on entrants for further marketing purposes? (And if they do, I don’t have a problem with it).

Sounds like a good idea to me. Lots of people complain that they have to fill out all the required boxes and it fills up because they don’t type fast enough.
I wonder if Active/WTC will use this to gather additional information on entrants for further marketing purposes? (And if they do, I don’t have a problem with it).

It’s definitely a more fair way to do things. I was wicked fast at getting through the registration process though. This nullifies my world class registration speed advantage. :wink:

Bump for T-minus 18 minutes.

So t plus 15mins is a great time to try again (for getting a spot from folks that time out) :slight_smile:

I’M IN!!! I just ran Hamilton marathon, and rushed home with 7 minutes to spare. Perfect timing

I got in as well. No issues.