NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Startes tonight.

Who do you have?

I’m gonna stick with my Jayhawks even if honestly they have less than a 1 percent chance.

Final 4 I think will be: Arizona, Houston, UConn, and KU.

I have UConn and Houston in the final. But I did autofill, I know next to nothing about college hoops.

Creighton can be very dangerous. Looking forward to the tournament.

My hometown team (Dayton Flyers) and my Alma mater (Texas A&M) are both dancing. I have them making it to the 2nd round.
I have an underdog pick of Iowa State going all the way.

Could someone please help me understand something about the play-in games. I’m assuming the teams involved in the play-in games are the lowest seeds in the tournament, right? I mean, why would a team not in the bottom 8 have to play a play-in game. But, some of the winners of the play-in go on to face the 7 seeds. Why wouldn’t/shouldn’t they face a 1 seed? It doesn’t make sense to me that a play-in team would not face a 1 seed or that a 7 seed would get to draw a play-in team. What am I missing?

Could someone please help me understand something about the play-in games. I’m assuming the teams involved in the play-in games are the lowest seeds in the tournament, right? I mean, why would a team not in the bottom 8 have to play a play-in game. But, some of the winners of the play-in go on to face the 7 seeds. Why wouldn’t/shouldn’t they face a 1 seed? It doesn’t make sense to me that a play-in team would not face a 1 seed or that a 7 seed would get to draw a play-in team. What am I missing?

The play in games are the four lowest seeded at large teams playing each other for an 11 seed and the four lowest seeded automatic qualifiers playing each other for a 16 seed. I think it’s a reasonable way to do it. UCLA made a run to the FF from one of those spots a couple of years ago.

Startes tonight.

Who do you have?

I’m gonna stick with my Jayhawks even if honestly they have less than a 1 percent chance.

I have a hard time seeing anyone other than UCONN winning it.

As a Spartan fan, I have no idea what we will do. If we can shoot the ball a run to the FF isn’t out of the question. We could also get blown out in the first round.

The play in games are the four lowest seeded at large teams playing each other for an 11 seed and the four lowest seeded automatic qualifiers playing each other for a 16 seed. I think it’s a reasonable way to do it. UCLA made a run to the FF from one of those spots a couple of years ago.

So if I’m understanding this, it’s kind of saying Virginia/Boise St/Colorado/Colorado St are bottom of the bracket teams, but there is some acknowledgement that they are probably still better than a bunch of teams that qualified because they won their conference tournament, hence they get a better seed if they survive the play-in?

So if I’m understanding this, it’s kind of saying Virginia/Boise St/Colorado/Colorado St are bottom of the bracket teams, but there is some acknowledgement that they are probably still better than a bunch of teams that qualified because they won their conference tournament, hence they get a better seed if they survive the play-in?

Basically. When they went to 68 teams about ten years ago there was some debate on whether to make the lowest seeded teams or the at-large teams that just squeaked in play an extra game. I think spitting it 4/4 was the compromise.

Startes tonight.

Who do you have?

Well I dig to the bottom of a draw somewhere and brush off my Iowa State Deg. and say GO CYCLONS. and MSU but they don’t seem to be a high seed, so it gonna take some izzo magic I think.

I’m going with a Blue Blood Final Four: UConn, UNC, Duke, and Kansas. With UConn and Kansas in the Final. UConn repeats as National Champion.

I have 4 different brackets for our work competition. I’m good as long as KU goes out early.

My brackets are:

UConn v. NC and Houston v. Creighton w/Houston as champs
UConn v. NC and Kentucky v. Tennessee w/UConn as champs
UConn v. Dayton and Marquette v. Creighton w/UConn as champs
Illinois v. Arizona and Houston v. Purdue w/Arizona as champs

I have 4 different brackets for our work competition. I’m good as long as KU goes out early.

My brackets are:

UConn v. NC and Houston v. Creighton w/Houston as champs
UConn v. NC and Kentucky v. Tennessee w/UConn as champs
UConn v. Dayton and Marquette v. Creighton w/UConn as champs
Illinois v. Arizona and Houston v. Purdue w/Arizona as champs

I feel the same way about KSU. Oh wait, they didn’t make the tournament and got beat in the first round of the NIT. I guess at least you can hang another banner.

Iowa State v. saint marys and houston vs purdue, Iowa State topping Houston in finals.

1 bracket on ESPN. This isnt who my choices would be on individual betting but to come up high/win a pool like ESPNs you gotta have some randoms win + luck. I typically am in the bottom 20%. But once a decade or so I am in the top 1000.

Go Heels!!!

UConn looks inevitable.

Women’s getting interesting. Monday night.

UConn looks inevitable.

It feels like UConn is just going to win it from now on. Does Hurley have NBA aspirations?

UConn looks inevitable…

To quote my buddy, that was a Snuff film.

I’ve never seen a 30-0 run.

UConn looks inevitable.

UConn is next level. So dominate.

UConn looks inevitable.

It feels like UConn is just going to win it from now on. Does Hurley have NBA aspirations?

Haven’t heard a peep about NBA aspirations though I can’t see it. But I also don’t want to.

Go Huskies!