My tolerance for the Nouveau Riche is obscenely low

I went to an event today that had a wine (and liqueur) tasting component.

Listening to these fucksticks made me want to grab a bottle off the table and beat them.

YOU KNOW NOTHING. A TRIP TO TUSCANY DOES NOT MAKE YOU A FUCKING EXPERT.

I have adopted the policy of some people I know that own vineyards…drink what you like…If you don’t like it don’t drink it

Listening to these tools was extraordinary. First off I knew significantly more about wine, how taste it and all the other useless shit you are supposed to know and do.

Second I didn’t fucking brag about all of my wine tasting trips or classes. I drink wine on trips, I don’t take trips to drink wine.

Other than that it was a lot of fun.

Your title teased with an inviting bouquet…

but the body only offered notes of condescension with a hint of flabbiness.

*Nouveau".

Zee French, zey like zee vowels.

Drink a little Nouveau Beaujolais, you’ll feel better.

offered notes of condescension

You’re obviously new here…welcome

*Nouveau".

Zee French, zey like zee vowels.

Drink a little Nouveau Beaujolais, you’ll feel better.

My consumption should be limited for the remainder of the evening

Aren’t you a cork taint tonight!

https://media1.tenor.com/m/bf0xo_6W-yYAAAAC/the-plain-bagel-wine-tasting.gif

Unusual for such an event, they usually have a great deal of mirrored surfaces.

I think some of the best wine I had in Italy was just table wine served at obscure family restaurants.

Quite bitter on the finish too, I felt.

Quite bitter on the finish too, I felt.

Yes, and a lingering aftertastee …

Does anyone else remember the Robin Williams wine tasting? “Absurd, yet flaccid.”

Should be on youtube but I sure can’t find it.

Listening to these fucksticks made me want to grab a bottle off the table and beat them.

I have adopted the policy of some people I know that own vineyards…drink what you like…If you don’t like it don’t drink it

Listening to these tools was extraordinary. First off I knew significantly more about wine, how taste it and all the other useless shit you are supposed to know and do.

Second I didn’t fucking brag about all of my wine tasting trips or classes. I drink wine on trips, I don’t take trips to drink wine.

Wait, you went to a wine and liquor tasting event and there were pretentious people there? Shocking.

Wait, you went to a wine and liquor tasting event and there were pretentious people there? Shocking.

Showing my decidedly plebian roots, the only time I’ve been to a winery I was chastised by the owner for saying one of the wines I tasted was “interesting”.

Showing my decidedly plebian roots, the only time I’ve been to a winery I was chastised by the owner for saying one of the wines I tasted was “interesting”.

He was going for bland. You crushed his spirits

With this bit of pretentiousness I bet you fit right in.

Why is violence always the answer with you folk?

He was going for bland. You crushed his spirits

I really liked it. It had a peppery taste to it. Not sure how you get that short of adding pepper.

Most of the “rich” people that I’ve met have been very pleasant and generous. Saying that, 99% of all people I meet seem to be fine.

In contrast to some of what I see on the internet!

I think some of the best wine I had in Italy was just table wine served at obscure family restaurants.

The table wine in the little half litre carafes. That stuff it the bomb. I don’t know why it just is. Never harsh goes down easy etc etc. It may have to do with the surroundings.

MOP Mike: 2006
Windy: 2014

That seems to be characteristic of some strong reds. I don’t think they do anything to make it happen just make the wines from the grapes