MP3 player

My go to Sandisk sport MP3 player is on its last “runs”. I’m looking for something to replace it but the market is limited these days for what I’m looking for. I dont want to carry my big bulky phone on my runs… I love leaving it at home for my time away if you all know what I mean…

Any suggestions on a solid MP3 that uses wired headphones on the market these days?

Thanks!

My go to Sandisk sport MP3 player is on its last “runs”. I’m looking for something to replace it but the market is limited these days for what I’m looking for. I dont want to carry my big bulky phone on my runs… I love leaving it at home for my time away if you all know what I mean…

Any suggestions on a solid MP3 that uses wired headphones on the market these days?

Thanks!

I guess you are old as me :slight_smile:
I think that half of this fuckers here on forum dont know what mp3 player is :slight_smile:
Where are you from?
I have a ton of this ancient stuff at home.
Can send you

The openswim from shockz is not in ear wired but has very good sound without completely blocking hearing so can still use for riding and swimming is great. As is running.

Uses USB drive style no iPod mini type proprietary stuff drag and drop, seems to handle about 20 30 hours uploaded. Battery lasts for a few days. Very lightweight.

I think I have an iPod shuffle in my TARDIS

I’ll meet you in 2010; you name the place

The openswim from shockz is not in ear wired but has very good sound without completely blocking hearing so can still use for riding and swimming is great. As is running.

Uses USB drive style no iPod mini type proprietary stuff drag and drop, seems to handle about 20 30 hours uploaded. Battery lasts for a few days. Very lightweight.

If wireless earbuds are ok with the OP, then one of the Garmin watches that has music storage is the simplest solution. Yeah it’s more expensive but most people upgrade their watch sooner or later anyhow.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/general/which-garmin-smartwatches-have-music-storage/

Thanks!

I’m not back home right now and won’t be for a couple of weeks, but I have about 20 new/unused of the really old Sandisk Clips. OG versions that you could Rockbox and with expandable memory. I’m sure the market has gotten too small for SanDisk Western Digital. Sad day as I was an original RIO 50 user back in the day and it blows my mind that people want to carry a bulky iPhone, especially while running. That said, looks like you can still get the SanDisk Clip Sport Plus on eBay which is actually may daily driver for runner. I used it with both Bluetooth and headphones, and although this listing is for the 16gb, it does come in a 32gb version.

As someone who has a preference for things after their production life, they do tend to stay available but the price sky rockets. The Sony MDSAS35w are the best sport running headphones ever made IMHO, and have been discontinued for probably a decade and they still come up on eBay. Saved searches are your best friend and you can be notified when something is listed.

Best Buy has the SanDisk mp3 players… just get another one.
There are plenty mp3 players in the high end audiophile market, the SanDisk is the only reasonably priced one I could find…

I use those cheap Sandisk players I get off Amazon for about $35. They tend to last a year or two, so not bad at all. The only downside I’ve found is they don’t respond well to water at all, even just to heavy sweat. I had one on me out in Florida a few weeks back and just the combined sweat and humidity caused it to short out. It eventually dried out and it does still work but now it will only hold a charge for a day or two. Even when it’s off, something is draining the battery. Other than that, solid little piece of equipment.

+1 on the openswim. Expensive AF, but works well (the best swim option imo).

There are lots of cheap, waterproof, wired MP3 players on Amazon/eBay. Had good luck with them (it was always the earbuds that died) before settling on the openswim.