Men’s wallet—what u got?

I’ve had a Ridge for the last few years. Thinking about going back to traditional.

Thoughts?

chain wallet I bought in 1991 (haven’t had the chain on it since college).

It’s my security blanket.

I have my one from college in the 90’s somewhere, hoping to find it.

I recently bought the 2nd wallet I’ve ever owned. A leather bi-fold from a local farm. I expect it to last the rest of my life.

I bought a slim “minimalist wallet” from a company called Axess. Enough slots for credit cards and multiple IDs (I always have DL and government CAC) and a section in the middle for a little cash without getting bulky.

Had a leather wallet I bought from Bloomingdale’s in the late 80s that I used for some 30 years. It finally deteriorated to the point I couldn’t use it. Now I use a japanese deer skin wallet given to me from a friend in Tokyo. It has been going strong with no obvious wear.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/611VIqwdcqL._AC_SL1038_.jpg

About every 5 or 6 years, my wallet starts getting pretty shabby.

I go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx and get a new one. It needs to be leather, bifold, plain black or brown, does not have one of those dumb extra flaps that flop out so you can flash an ID or photo. Brand doesn’t matter to me, just has to be reasonably priced and hit the foregoing criteria.

Something I bought from Marks Work Warehouse.

Remember George’s wallet on Seinfeld, that’s what I got. Have to wear cargo pants to carry it, only fits in the front huge pocket on the leg…

I have a Ridge and don’t really like it. I went to a leather Kings Loot and it’s good.

What’s a wallet?

Mine sits buried under bits of paper on a side dresser and occasionally gets discovered when looking for my driver’s licence for photo ID. Otherwise it’s a relic of the past.

I use a sun glasses soft case for my cards

My wife makes mine.

Carbon fibre Ridge wallet (obviously carbon fibre; what self respecting former triathlete would eschew carbon fibre?).

I’d never go back to a traditional wallet.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0384/6721/files/856500019529_F_LOGO.jpg?v=1690922279&width=1200&height=1200&crop=centerI need things to match so have gone all in on Nomad. I have their bifold, money clip, Orbikey for front door key, AirTag key fob for Land Rover keys, phone case, and AirPods case. Theyre all in the same Horween leather and I love the way they feel in the hand and age.

Old school trifold leather. I’ve probably had my current wallter 15+ years. I rarely carry cash anymore so it’s mostly my ID’s (DL and Mil retiree) CC/Debt cards, and my car reg and insurance. Yes I’m a dinosaur and still print out my insurance info even though I can get it off my phone.

My son carries one of those new fandangled wallets and wanted to get me one, I just don’t think I could carry one comfortably. Needlessly carrying a trifold may be a hill a choose to die on.

Il Bussetto bifold which I haven’t taken anywhere in a few years. Switched to a smartish case with 3 cards on my phone

My ridge resembles George’s from Seinfeld. I really need room for DL, a CC or two, gun permit, maybe a $50 bill tucked in there. I end up with loose bills, phone #. I’m going with the paper clip for a while. Thought about phone case.

https://en.louisvuitton.com/eng-nl/products/pocket-organiser-epi-008210/M60642