Maybe Van Rysel will do a solid for triathlon as well

Van Rysel released their TT bike today.

You can get a complete bike, with a useable cockpit and wheels,for what most companies charge for a frame.

3 Likes

What’s not to like? But will it ever be available in the US….?

Without questioning the price to quality relationship compared to other top end bikes, I don’t see this as a tectonic shift. Very few people spend this much on a bike anyway.

I think with decathlon it is that down through their line you really do get the trickle down effect of both technology and reduced cost - look at their FCR helmet and the aero results and compare to brand names - its a fraction of the cost of comparable performers

It’s been marked at £7500 in the flagship Decathlon store in London since it’s been on display, so suspect the £6000 may be incorrect on the UK website and might well change when it’s available to buy.

It’s a nice looking bike in the flesh, but no concessions for long course triathlon. Pad X adjustment looked limited.

Denis Chevrot IM Europe champion in 2023 and 2022 has been using this bike since December;. It is a bit of strange choice as Chevrot is a strong swimmer and runner but a weaker cyclist so his results on the bike may not help them a lot in terms of marketing. Chevalier would have made more sense…
Chevrot is also running in Kalenji shoes (Decathlon running brand) after running in Hoka for several years. He picked up a hip injury so the jury is still out…
The bike itself is actually quite expensive, i was hoping for a Canyon type pricing which has a 5 000 € bike