Masters Road Nationals?

Has anyone heard where Masters road nationals will be held for 2021? They were supposed to be in Utah but apparently that contract was canceled.

I heard either Watopia or Richmond.

I heard either Watopia or Richmond.

There is a non-zero percent chance of that happening. :slight_smile: I’m hoping for something live since it’s not until August.

Both years at Cedar City were canceled? I thought it was just this year.

Both years at Cedar City were canceled? I thought it was just this year.

Both. Apparently Cedar City canceled the contract.

I just found a thread on trainer road where someone had asked the same question. Someone else said they had contacted USAC and that there was nothing certain yet and they were hoping to announce by the end of November, so hopefully we will hear soon.

Its was my understanding that Cedar City didn’t cancel this year, they were ready to go but rather USAC thought it was unsafe.

I asked Tara McCarthy if masters road nats will take place in 2021. She said she expects it to take place. She wouldn’t disclose where or when at this time. She said she’ll have information she can share by the end of the month.

She made it sound as though the only thing that would stop masters nats would be covid.

Its was my understanding that Cedar City didn’t cancel this year, they were ready to go but rather USAC thought it was unsafe.

That’s certainly possible. My understanding was that they canceled the remainder of the contract - it was supposed to be in Cedar City 2020 and 2021 and it will not longer be there for 2021 now.

Anybody have any updates on this? Would be nice to have a date at least. Gotta get the work PTO arranged before my coworkers steal the slot. I’m probably too late as it is :frowning:

I haven’t heard anything, either. I can only assume they’re having trouble finding someone willing to host.

I haven’t heard anything, either. I can only assume they’re having trouble finding someone willing to host.

What, you mean cities everywhere aren’t scrambling to host a few hundred crotchety old men (and like 3 women) for Cycling Nationals Fantasy Camp? :slight_smile:

I am woman, so make that 4 of us. :slight_smile:

I think the host needs to find a good sponsor for it to not be a huge money losing proposition and I suspect that is a little more challenging these days!

I just followed up with Tara McCarthy. No new information really, apparently there is an issue with a course and they can’t disclose a date or location until that is worked out in case it all needs to be changed.

She is hoping to be able to announce something by the end of January.

Thanks for update!

any inside word yet, even ballpark date and location? Obviously I checked the website (daily) but nothing there yet.

I think the ballpark date is August, but I don’t know anything else.

I emailed Tara McCarthy asking for an update (or at least an idea of when we might recieve an update) and will post once I hear back.

What, you mean cities everywhere aren’t scrambling to host a few hundred crotchety old men (and like 3 women) for Cycling Nationals Fantasy Camp? :slight_smile:

Nah, they instead jockey to host the illegal drafting and course cutting summit. :wink:

Now she’s saying hopefully end of February. This is getting ridiculous.

trying to be patient, I know it is hard lining up a site etc especially in these times with restrictions, but…