Manchin vs. Trump vs. Biden

Oh god. Manchin is retiring from the senate to travel the country to see if there is a middle ground that wants him to run.

Oh god. Manchin is retiring from the senate to travel the country to see if there is a middle ground that wants him to run.

There’s a rabid far right that would love him to run. This feels like bad news for Biden.

There’s a rabid far right that would love him to run. This feels like bad news for Biden.

Oh great, another geriatric considering a run.

Not sure it’d be bad news for Biden. Biden isn’t all that likeable. Until you have Manchin stand next to him.

I think Manchin might draw more from the moderate conservative side than the moderate Democratic side. Just a guess, though.

Not great news for the Senate majority. Tester is now a very strong favorite for that seat.

Its a far cry from looking at running as in independent to actually doing it. Few Perot, have really made it as true independents. Has any politician succesfully split off and made a run as independent and got on all states ballots?

He would have a better chance running in the primaries for the Dem nomination. He would have my vote in a heartbeat.

As a conservative Democrat I would happily vote for Manchin, but I would not have voted for Biden or Trump in the general election anyway so he is not stealing my vote from either one.

As a conservative Democrat I would happily vote for Manchin, but I would not have voted for Biden or Trump in the general election anyway so he is not stealing my vote from either one.

Conservative or not, that is a weak ass excuse. You need to hold your nose and vote for Biden. This country can’t/won’t survive another 4 years of trump.

Conservative or not, that is a weak ass excuse. You need to hold your nose and vote for Biden. This country can’t/won’t survive another 4 years of trump.

Have a backbone and stop holding your nose to vote.

I don’t believe anyone is a democrat if they choose to not vote for Biden in a Biden vs trump matchup.

You are at least you are acknowledging being ok with trump. Historically (pre 2016) I voted almost all Republican - trump is just an insane individual.

Manchin will take more votes away from Biden because 75% of the gop loves trump. 75% of the democrats can tolerate biden. Manchin would take around 10% of the gop vote and 25% of the democrat vote.

Have a backbone and stop holding your nose to vote.

My backbone is perfectly fine. I guess you are fine with trump, duly noted.

I don’t believe anyone is a democrat if they choose to not vote for Biden in a Biden vs trump matchup.

You are at least you are acknowledging being ok with trump. Historically (pre 2016) I voted almost all Republican - trump is just an insane individual.

Manchin will take more votes away from Biden because 75% of the gop loves trump. 75% of the democrats can tolerate biden. Manchin would take around 10% of the gop vote and 25% of the democrat vote.

I typically vote 3rd party or Rep. I voted Dem for 2020 first time in my life, cause it was a vote to stop Trump. I will do so again this year, even if Manchin or some other worthy candidate is on the ballot.

Looks like the ground work has been getting setup for a while… No Label party

https://michiganadvance.com/2023/06/13/upton-backs-no-labels-bid-to-add-third-party-to-michigan-ballot/

I’d vote for him over either Biden or Trump

Why can’t he vote for whomever he wants? That’s the one of the foundations of the country comrade.

Why can’t he vote for whomever he wants? That’s the one of the foundations of the country comrade.

No shit sherlock.

Never-Trumper-but-still-a-Republican Mike Murphy just said that Manchin is quitting because he couldn’t beat the “extremely charismatic” Jim Justice.

For those who do not follow West Virgina politics this is the “extremely charismatic” Jim Justice

Jim justice.jpeg

part can vote however he wants and it won’t be a vote for Trump. That is only true if he lived in a swing state, which I am pretty sure he doesn’t. Remember no one’s vote counts unless they live in one of six states.

Its a far cry from looking at running as in independent to actually doing it. Few Perot, have really made it as true independents. Has any politician succesfully split off and made a run as independent and got on all states ballots?

Yes, Teddy Roosevelt is an example.

The Ds’ chances of holding the Senate were never very good, but now look even worse.

Jill Stein is running again for President. The Dems are finding even more ways to lose.