Maine 70.3 (1)

Trevor Foley will be racing after feeling really good the week following IMLP. And Matt McElroy will be making his transition to longcourse - he should light up then swim, has been biking a ton so will see how how long he can hold off Trevor, and then it’s a U of Florida vs NAU alum battle on the run 💪

Ari Klau will drink a full bottle of Ketone IQ in T2 and run to the win.

Man I hope Foley isn’t getting greedy. He said on an instagram post he was gonna do Frankfurt to get his second Full in. Pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

Definitely, Ari for the win !

Anybody know how Sarah True is recovering from LP? If she’s there it’ll be her & Jeanni up front. Foley, Dubrick, Quenet, McElroy on the men’s side. Good race for non-top pros to break through & get in the $$$. Hunter Lussi also doubling back from LP. Had solid early season results & then a tough run there. Idk if Trevor needs to be at a non-Pro Series race. I know he wants to defend his title but I’m not sure that matters this year when Maine is a lower level race. Think it would be best to fully recover & look ahead but also a good chance at a quick pay day. There should be a little group ahead of him after the swim but he shouldn’t be off of the front for long since the swim is short/aided & his swim is improving. 1st lap @ LP was super solid. One of the slower looking bike courses on the pro circuit for IM.

Anybody know how Sarah True is recovering from LP? If she’s there it’ll be her & Jeanni up front. Foley, Dubrick, Quenet, McElroy on the men’s side. Good race for non-top pros to break through & get in the $$$. Hunter Lussi also doubling back from LP. Had solid early season results & then a tough run there. Idk if Trevor needs to be at a non-Pro Series race. I know he wants to defend his title but I’m not sure that matters this year when Maine is a lower level race. Think it would be best to fully recover & look ahead but also a good chance at a quick pay day. There should be a little group ahead of him after the swim but he shouldn’t be off of the front for long since the swim is short/aided & his swim is improving. 1st lap @ LP was super solid. One of the slower looking bike courses on the pro circuit for IM.

That’s a good field for a non pro series race.

With only Franfurt, Kona and possibly 70.3 WC’s, that’ll only be 6 races this year, so not crazy. He has reported recovering remarkably quick after Placid (massive volume headed to Thang’s sponge that easily absorbed it headed into Placid). 2nd loop was nuts with so many AGrs in the way, as others reported too.

No live video coverage? or is there?

Driving up from the Boston area tomorrow. Excited for the newish Maine course - did it in Old Orchard Beach twice.

That’s a good field for a non pro series race.

With only Franfurt, Kona and possibly 70.3 WC’s, that’ll only be 6 races this year, so not crazy. He has reported recovering remarkably quick after Placid (massive volume headed to Thang’s sponge that easily absorbed it headed into Placid). 2nd loop was nuts with so many AGrs in the way, as others reported too.

No live video coverage? or is there?

No coverage this year, only at Pro Series races

20 miles in on the bike and Trevor was only 49 seconds back, but he was not at the 31.9 checkpoint on the tracker

His tracker fell off.

I had a feeling that the reason Scarobino opened up a gap was because he went with Trevor.

MatMac in a great position

Tracker working again and a 3:37 gap into T2 over Quenet and MatMac

Did you forget the pink??

4.4 miles into the run, and Matt has shaved a minute off of Trevor‘s lead. Could be a close finish, hard to tell with the spotty tracking.

Was the swim shortened or just huge current? Ari got out of the water with Trevor so he has improved his swim a decent amount.

Was the swim shortened or just huge current? Ari got out of the water with Trevor so he has improved his swim a decent amount.

I believe downstream

Matt has only gained 20 seconds in the last 2 miles

And I really do hope this means that he is going to be a serious contender at the 70.3 distance

Matt took out another 20 seconds in the last time split, won’t be enough to gain any real distance at the finish, but that’s a pretty good transition to 70.3 so soon after chasing his Olympic spot

And I have to guess that Trevor is doing what he needs to take the Wynn, and saving his energy for Frankfurt.

The rest of the field lost over a minute to Trevor in the last 3 miles! Pretty wild

The swim is VERY downstream.

Like, hour age-group swimmers doing 30 minute swims downstream. Pros warming up trying to swim upstream looked like they were in an Endless Pool current.

Great debut for Matt! 2nd in a strong field. Take away the down stream swim and things would have been even closer.