Long railed saddle

Hi!

I used to have a ISM PN 3.0, that was mounted quite far back on my Planet X Exocet 2. I was relatively happy with my position but kept getting saddle sores so I sold that saddle and started experimenting with others.

So far I’ve tried both the ISM PS 2.0 and Specialized Sitero out of which I prefer the Sitero. The problem I’m having is I seam to sit very far back on both of those saddles because despite pushing it as far forward as I can, I’m still not close to the old position. I feel it is much more of a closed hip angle. Sadly I never measured the old position so I don’t know how far away I am.

Are there any other saddles that would have similar length rails as the PN 3.0? Or rather a shape that makes you sit on the front naturally like PN 3.0?

I think the Jcob Type 5 was with fairly long rails.

I live in Sweden and don’t think I have ever seen a Cobb in real life. I think they are very American based.

I managed to buy one actually within EU. Wanted to like it but just wasn’t quite right for me.

The deal with saddles is. you need to pick one and ride it for a long time. Your body will adjust to it. I have always ridden ISM saddles. I can ride for 5+ hours and not even know it’s there. When I started riding I couldn’t ride for 30 minutes without pain.

It doesn’t hurt to try others when one hurt but I’m mostly looking for one that can make my bike fit work. Even when I put the saddle as far forward as possible, it’s still quite far behind the BB.

Edit: BTW that sounds like awful bikefit advise!

https://www.instagram.com/...hid=NzBmMjdhZWRiYQ==

When possible, I do suggest a forward seatpost or a frame with a steeper sta. I wrote in another post that I think it’s time tri frames come with 82deg sta’s and 6cm longer pad reach (for a M/L frame). A whole lot of top athletes are slamming their saddles forward and using extension plates or custom aerobars to get further forward.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Tri_Bikes_with_Greatest_Pad_Reach/X_%3F%3F_and_the_role_of_Crank_Length_in_modern_Tri_bike_fits_P8024637/

IMG_8499.jpeg

Thank you for a very interesting read in that other thread! Totally agree with longer frames and steeper seat tube in the future. I have a decent amount of reach in my fit and had to put on a 120mm stem on my (now rather old) XL-frame.

By the way, that’s an expensive saddle, it’s about half of what I originally paid for the bike 🤣