Let's find a Bike for Paula to race in the Canada's tt championship

Looks like Paula’s spz shiv tt did not arrive in Montreal, Quebec.

Creating this post just to see if we can help her, if you have or know anyone that could help her with this bike… I think she’s XS or S.

When is this?

I have a 2013 Shiv I absolutely adore. It’s obviously an older model but I might be convinced to loan it if someone can help with the shipping logistics of shipping it to and then returning it.

But I expect this to be a last chance option. I also have to assume this is pretty soon (this weekend?) which adds another element of difficulty. I wouldn’t be available to ship anything until Friday. But if that’s in time and someone can arrange the shipping, I could ship from Las Vegas on Friday.

I just want my bike back.

The race is on Friday. The best/only option is someone local.

Well, crap. Sorry I can’t help out.

Looks like Paula’s spz shiv tt did not arrive in Montreal, Quebec.

Creating this post just to see if we can help her, if you have or know anyone that could help her with this bike… I think she’s XS or S.

Today is Wed, she has all day Thu to get a bike locally in Montreal . There should be around 500 women around her size doing 70.3 Tremblant that don’t need their bike on Friday since they are tapering and don’t need their bikes till Sunday !!!

She has the bike, race is today. No live timing. Is this bound to be the official PF @ Canadian TT nationals thread > Canadian Olympic TT Selection thread?

I have a 2013 Shiv I absolutely adore. It’s obviously an older model but I might be convinced to loan it if someone can help with the shipping logistics of shipping it to and then returning it.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk. Not sure what makes me smile more, the thought of thinking this would work or Paula actually showing up and using it.

I so would love to imagine Paula just rolling up on this and podiuming.

Someone do a slowtwtichy thing and calculate the time difference range using this bike.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk. Not sure what makes me smile more, the thought of thinking this would work or Paula actually showing up and using it.

Someone do a slowtwtichy thing and calculate the time difference range using this bike.

The thought that a 2013 TT frame, with optimised set up, could be any slower than a 2024 one on a 25km ITT is actually laughable

She has the bike, race is today. No live timing. Is this bound to be the official PF @ Canadian TT nationals thread > Canadian Olympic TT Selection thread?Hurrah! And a safe drive to 70.3MT afterwards.
Thread: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=last-8061591#last

Start list: https://cyclingcanada.ca/...te-de-depart-ITT.pdf
Findlay starts at 12:50 local, in <3 hours.
Assume Baril Nestman and Jackson the main opposition. Findlay vanquished them last year:
https://cyclingcanada.ca/...Official-Results.pdf

The thought that a 2013 TT frame, with optimised set up, could be any slower than a 2024 one on a 25km ITT is actually laughable

Cute. Prove it for me. Walk me through the numbers.

Would prob be a push to get a vintage rim brake shiv to fit her. And that’s if you could convince them to let you ride it in the first place, with its fat ass tube shape.

The frame is no doubt slower than the current shiv tt. By how much is up for debate.

guys, you are acting like jackasses.

A woman (I assume Vegasjen is a woman), was literally the only one on here that offered a bike for Paula. Paula likely fits on my bike and I live 2 hrs away, and I could lend her mine, but I can’t be bothered to take a day off work to drive my bike over to help Paula (putting aside that my bike is barely faster than Jen’s). No one offered a bike for Paula, nor a solution. Only one person did and you guys jumped on how slow that person’s bike is, rather than thank her for actually offering up her bike.

If you don’t have a solution to the problem do you need to talk down to a person trying to help and show how smart you all are? We get it, a 2013 bike is slower, but at least its a bike…and what if Paula wins on that 2013?

She has the bike, race is today. No live timing. Is this bound to be the official PF @ Canadian TT nationals thread > Canadian Olympic TT Selection thread?

So Paula is doing that ITT today at Canadian championships and racing 70.3 Tremblant on Sunday. Very cool

When is this?
But I expect this to be a last chance option. I also have to assume this is pretty soon (this weekend?) which adds another element of difficulty. I wouldn’t be available to ship anything until Friday. But if that’s in time and someone can arrange the shipping, I could ship from Las Vegas on Friday.At the risk of sounding like a jerk. Not sure what makes me smile more, the thought of thinking this would work or Paula actually showing up and using it. I so would love to imagine Paula just rolling up on this and podiuming. Someone do a slowtwtichy thing and calculate the time difference range using this bike.The thought that a 2013 TT frame, with optimised set up, could be any slower than a 2024 one on a 25km ITT is actually laughableguys, you are acting like jackasses.

A woman (I assume Vegasjen is a woman), was literally the only one on here that offered a bike for Paula. Paula likely fits on my bike and I live 2 hrs away, and I could lend her mine, but I can’t be bothered to take a day off work to drive my bike over to help Paula (putting aside that my bike is barely faster than Jen’s). No one offered a bike for Paula, nor a solution. Only one person did and you guys jumped on how slow that person’s bike is, rather than thank her for actually offering up her bike.

If you don’t have a solution to the problem do you need to talk down to a person trying to help and show how smart you all are? We get it, a 2013 bike is slower, but at least its a bike…and what if Paula wins on that 2013?With all due respect Dev, @Vegasjen clearly has a heart of gold but offering their beloved, to be shipped from Las Vegas (to Vienna) on “Friday”, not bothering to find out when the race is (Findlay is starting in about half an hour (if I have the times zone right)) does suggest that generosity is a stronger trait than logistics. I’m sure they also has a sense of humour, unlike some.
And given the total impracticality, getting some juice out of this thread is worth the squeeze.

shipped from Las Vegas (to Vienna).

You know Paula’s Canadian, not Austrian, right?

I think the issue that most people are missing is that UCI legal TT bikes are not the same set up as triathlon TT bikes. I would venture to say that MOST TT bikes out there (in their current configuration) would not be UCI legal, and therefore not a viable option. So simply saying “why can’t Paula crowdsource another TT bike” doesn’t take into account the complexities of UCI regulations.

I think the fact that her sponsor, Specialized, couldn’t quickly find her a suitable replacement, just shows how complicated this issue was. She really needed HER bike.

anyone got a link to live tracking? unless I’m blind I don’t see anything on the Cycling Canada page - just start list and results.

shipped from Las Vegas (to Vienna).You know Paula’s Canadian, not Austrian, right?Tried to find the closest airport to Saint-Georges and Vienna popped up - epic fail (but detail: a bike leaving Las Vegas on “Friday” will not crack it).anyone got a link to live tracking? unless I’m blind I don’t see anything on the Cycling Canada page - just start list and results.Guess the results will pop up here first: https://cyclingcanada.ca/events-results/results/

anyone got a link to live tracking? unless I’m blind I don’t see anything on the Cycling Canada page - just start list and results.

No live feed OR tracking. As a Canadian, this is an embarrassment. Have to wait for eyes on the ground or the pdf results. :frowning:

When is this?
But I expect this to be a last chance option. I also have to assume this is pretty soon (this weekend?) which adds another element of difficulty. I wouldn’t be available to ship anything until Friday. But if that’s in time and someone can arrange the shipping, I could ship from Las Vegas on Friday.At the risk of sounding like a jerk. Not sure what makes me smile more, the thought of thinking this would work or Paula actually showing up and using it. I so would love to imagine Paula just rolling up on this and podiuming. Someone do a slowtwtichy thing and calculate the time difference range using this bike.The thought that a 2013 TT frame, with optimised set up, could be any slower than a 2024 one on a 25km ITT is actually laughableguys, you are acting like jackasses.

If you don’t have a solution to the problem do you need to talk down to a person trying to help and show how smart you all are? We get it, a 2013 bike is slower, but at least its a bike…and what if Paula wins on that 2013?With all due respect Dev, @Vegasjen clearly has a heart of gold but offering their beloved, to be shipped from Las Vegas (to Vienna) on “Friday”, not bothering to find out when the race is (Findlay is starting in about half an hour (if I have the times zone right)) does suggest that generosity is a stronger trait than logistics. I’m sure they also has a sense of humour, unlike some.
And given the total impracticality, getting some juice out of this thread is worth the squeeze.

Coming on here and defending the other guys who piled on her is all you’re doing. Just accept that she made the offer and move on. No need to mansplain to her why her offer was not ideal. The bike had to get to Montreal (I already mentioned it was close to Mont Tremblant earlier in the thread).

On another thread people are talking about why this site sucks, and you guys just showed why people have that perception. If no one calls you out on it, the behaviour just gets normalized. You may not like what I am saying, but dammit, it is a free world and someone here (in this case me) just typed up what many are thinking and just don’t want to get into the firing line for.