Laundry for those that live in the city?

For those who live in a big city or don’t have in home laundry, how do you handle sweaty running/cycling clothes between trips to the laundromat? What do you do with all your workout clothes so that they don’t stink up your apartment and so that they don’t retain odor long term?

Moving to NYC soon and not sure how i’ll manage this as anticipate a lot of trainer rides in my future and wont have in unit laundry.

Thanks for the tips!

For those who live in a big city or don’t have in home laundry, how do you handle sweaty running/cycling clothes between trips to the laundromat? What do you do with all your workout clothes so that they don’t stink up your apartment and so that they don’t retain odor long term?

Moving to NYC soon and not sure how i’ll manage this as anticipate a lot of trainer rides in my future and wont have in unit laundry.

Thanks for the tips!

I lived in NYC for 4 years and had to get laundry done at the cleaners. Lots of spandex type of material (shirts, underwear) you can hand wash in the sink with soap and just hang dry in the bathroom. It’s usually dry before the next workout.

in the shower i wash my clothes while I shower (mainly water conservation reasons). The initial turning on of the faucet and waiting for the water to warm up can be used to rinse the smelly clothes. i hang them outside in the dry, although in cold months takes an awful long time

Lots of spandex type of material (shirts, underwear) you can hand wash in the sink with soap and just hang dry in the bathroom. It’s usually dry before the next workout.

… or by themselves in the dishwasher

in the shower i wash my clothes while I shower (mainly water conservation reasons). The initial turning on of the faucet and waiting for the water to warm up can be used to rinse the smelly clothes. i hang them outside in the dry, although in cold months takes an awful long time

I still do this, in the Summertime, just for fun; we have a clothesline and drying racks in the laundry room

I’ve been washing my workout clothes in the post workout shower for over 40 years. Hang it up and it’s dry and ready for the next workout. Saves the hamper and laundry room from being totally nasty.

I’ve been washing my workout clothes in the post workout shower for over 40 years. Hang it up and it’s dry and ready for the next workout. Saves the hamper and laundry room from being totally nasty.

I do this, but then throw the dry clothes in the hamper for the weekly laundry to get fully clean.