Johnny Gaudreau and his brother killed while cycling

Just seeing this now. Gaudreau’s goodbye letter to Flames fans. Great read.

It gets worse. Both of the brothers wives are pregnant. So heartbreaking.

Eddie Vedder pays tribute in Philly

2 Likes

“‘You were probably driving like a nut like I always tell you you do. And you don’t listen to me, instead you just yell at me,’” his wife told Higgins when he called her from jail after his arrest, according to First Assistant Prosecutor Jonathan Flynn of Salem County.

https://apnews.com/article/johnny-hockey-matthew-gaudreau-suspect-court-nhl-68013332a06de68ffb8eb498cd4b99dd

Bail denied.

https://x.com/annikadevils/status/1834607920719290582?s=46&t=l8OYzevPZFvRLOAppnS_bw

Shiat just reading that first comment on that X article…

> He strikes me as being extremely arrogant. I get the impression that he thought the SUV in front of him moved to the center to block his pass. So he decided to make a power move around the SUV to the right. Sunset that night was at 7:52, the accident occurred at 8:19.

Glad to see it was denied, but I wonder if that would have been the outcome if he had killed Bill and Joe Smith instead. I’m sure the brothers name is bringing more publicity and scrutiny to the case.

1 Like

“he drove around in his Jeep with an open container, Flynn said. He had been driving aggressively behind a sedan going just above the 50 mph speed limit, sometimes tailgating, the driver told police.”

Not a usual occurrence for Salem County - you’ll notice where Woodstown is in the map below

For a brief period of time during covid people seemed to drive a bit better. Where I live the last two years it is getting worse. Extremely common to see people on their phones looking at the screen. It is very dangerous but people seem to think they have some superpower where they can do it safely. Since I don’t have that power my phone is set up to only allow hands free verbal talk while driving
Everybody seems to be in a damn hurry to get places a few percentage times faster. I don’t get it but it is a thing.

1 Like