Joe klinedinst killed in crash

Fucking sad. Great Dude! In every way you can imagine. Car pulled out in front of him… A true loss.

FUCK!

Wow tragic!

Sorry for Everyone close to him and the Yoder Performance Team. He was a top contender for sure.

His family…

Road riding not worth it…

Just freaking sad

We feel for his family so much. I just can’t comprehend how these senseless things happen.

It’s been a bit hard to process, hitting close to home. I’ve known Joe as a “race friend” for years. At Eagleman, Maryland and Placid we were always right next to each other duking it out on course. Just this past Eagleman I told him I was looking for a rematch from Maryland 2023 in Kona this year.

He was such a great man, raced hard, and couldn’t be a nicer guy cheering everyone on at the same time.

Scott Mingay

Great AG racer. Total stud. Very sad news

Very sad! He was so helpful with my meniscus issue / surgery. His youtube videos about his journey from knee surgery to Ironman will forever be helpful to many. Great guy!

Joe Klinedinst - YouTube

I came here to complain about rivers in Paris just to get hit with this awful dose of reality. So terrible, just crazy.

I didn’t know him but I’ve met him at races. And from my limited experiences I can confirm what everyone seems to say about Joe, just seemed like a great guy and was definitely an amazing competitor.

So sorry for his family, friends, and racing community. Tragic.

Sad news…hits way to close to home.

Great competitor and will be missed by many.

Very sorry to read about this. Needed a bit just to process some of it. My condolences.

This is kind of local for me. I ride South York Co a good bit (incl gravel) being from just south of the border in MD.
I did not know JK. I am also a teacher and cyclist - I can only imagine his influence has been profound.
I read articles that made it seem the narrative is that the truck pulled out (not yielding to cyclist who had right of way) causing the collision.
Vehicles driving as if they don’t see you (the cyclist/vulnerable road user) are really tough to counteract.
I think our newer car (2019 subaru) has vehicle detection that would have flashed yellow lights on the side view mirror in a case like this.
If vehicle detection would have averted this - it sure makes me think I’d want that in any new vehicle purchase.

I got this news while I was on vacation. I did not know him but live and ride in lancaster county, just a short drive from where he was killed. Really is too close to home and a very stark reminder to keep your head on a swivel and ears open as best you can when you’re out there on the roads. Be safe everyone.

I’ve been riding with a front facing super bright strobe for years that really seems to catch the attention of motorists who appear ready to pull out into my path. It’s certainly inexpensive insurance that helps to increase one’s visibility. I am seeing more and more rear facing strobes being used during the day but not that many front facing units.

YMMV

Hugh