Jason Kelce

https://www.wsj.com/sports/football/jason-kelce-retirement-philadelphia-eagles-5c3547fb?st=1f90aevruoolw6q&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

What a retirement speech! He’ll do great as a NFL analyst.

That was hard to watch. Great family, great team, and a remarkable guy. Class act.

https://www.wsj.com/...opwebshare_permalink

Imagine loving your job/career this much that when you retire it’s this hard.

Living Legend. Philly Royalty.

And a couple years of free beer in Buffalo

Van Buren, Van Brocklin, Bednarik, White, Dawkins… Kelce

From profootballtalk.com

“When Jason Kelce announced his retirement, the Eagles released a video showing Kelce thanking team employees for their years of hard work. A close look at that video revealed something unusual: Kelce’s ankles were taped, the way they would be for a game. It turns out that the ankle tape reflected a special relationship between Kelce and a team trainer.
Eagles trainer Joe O’Pella wrote on social media that he had been taping Kelce’s ankles every game for years. But O’Pella but missed the final game of Kelce’s career, the playoff loss in Tampa, because he was getting chemotherapy. So Kelce asked O’Pella to be the last person to tape his ankles as an Eagle, and do it before his retirement speech.”

Dressed as Mummer for the parade. Key to the city forever.

The pro football HoF asked for the jacket, and he said No!

https://www.wsj.com/...opwebshare_permalink

For a team that is so hated, he has earned so much respect by so many people.

Watching players retire is always tough, especially because it happens so young. It’s a reminder of our mortality.

“Scout Barry: We’re all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children’s game, we just don’t… don’t know when that’s gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told.”

Saw him and his bro at Kelce bros Bobblehead doll night at the Cavs game. Looked like two guys having fun.

From profootballtalk.com

“When Jason Kelce announced his retirement, the Eagles released a video showing Kelce thanking team employees for their years of hard work. A close look at that video revealed something unusual: Kelce’s ankles were taped, the way they would be for a game. It turns out that the ankle tape reflected a special relationship between Kelce and a team trainer.
Eagles trainer Joe O’Pella wrote on social media that he had been taping Kelce’s ankles every game for years. But O’Pella but missed the final game of Kelce’s career, the playoff loss in Tampa, because he was getting chemotherapy. So Kelce asked O’Pella to be the last person to tape his ankles as an Eagle, and do it before his retirement speech.”

As a former athletic trainer, this brings a tear to my eye.

For a team that is so hated, he has earned so much respect by so many people.

HATE?! C’mon. No way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHDgvwFYp8

Van Buren, Van Brocklin, Bednarik, White, Dawkins… Kelce

The Doctor would like a word.

https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_1200/MTY4MjU3MTU2MDI5MDMyMzIx/dr-j1jpg.jpg

There’s a lot to like about the guy. Seems like a genuine person who’s truly grateful to have gotten so much from football. It’s refreshing to see someone appreciative of their opportunity rather than the “look at me, aren’t I amazing” crap that dominates professional sports these days.

The players I listed are Eagles… last time I checked, Doc played a different game.

Ah, I thought you were referring to Darryl Dawkins.

Nope, this guy… It’s funny, other than Doc and Wilt, I can’t think of any Sixers that would make the Philly Most Revered list… Moses Malone wasn’t here long enough. Iverson had the whole “practice” thing, along with a bunch of other little incidents that probably keep him off the list. Charles Barkley is close, but he left and had arguably his best season elsewhere.
https://scfootballhof.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/brian-dawkins.png

Iverson had the whole “practice” thing, along with a bunch of other little incidents that probably keep him off the list.

It’s that part of Iverson’s career that should elevate him on the list. It’s Philly we’re talking about here. You may as well take the Phanatic off the best mascot list because he’s an asshole.

If they had an Iverson bobblehead day at the Linc they’d probably throw them at the opposing team.

Iverson had the whole “practice” thing, along with a bunch of other little incidents that probably keep him off the list.

It’s that part of Iverson’s career that should elevate him on the list. It’s Philly we’re talking about here. You may as well take the Phanatic off the best mascot list because he’s an asshole.

If they had an Iverson bobblehead day at the Linc they’d probably throw them at the opposing team.

Nope, it’s the exact opposite. That’s what people don’t get about Philly fans. As a whole, Philly sports fans are rarely assholes just for the sake of being assholes. When it comes to the players we truly embrace, it’s not about talent, it’s about effort. This is the city that has a statue of a fictional boxer outside its art museum. The players who get booed are the ones we perceive as not giving it everything they have. There’s even more of a backstory to the legend of booing Santa Claus, but those details are always left out of the story. We love the people who do everything they can to win and leave it all on the field. A player not wanting to work hard in practice is pretty much as anti-Philly as it gets.

Nope, this guy… It’s funny, other than Doc and Wilt, I can’t think of any Sixers that would make the Philly Most Revered list…. Moses Malone wasn’t here long enough. Iverson had the whole “practice” thing, along with a bunch of other little incidents that probably keep him off the list. Charles Barkley is close, but he left and had arguably his best season elsewhere.

Mo Cheeks should be on that list. Liked his game in those days. HoF is deserved.