January 5th Update - Slowtwitch forum members, friends and family 100% for CHARITY CERVELO apparel - In the next few days, there'il be a link from the Cervelo banner ad to a page that shows you the apparel pieces, as well as prices etc

Looking into Hincapie sportswear…looks good…

Check out this company:

http://www.lesliejordan.com/technicaltshirts.html

I did World’s toughest Half last year and got one of these - it was the race shirt. They are excellent, technical tee-shirts that you can wear out on the trails or if you were just hanging around the house. They are technical, but don’t look it. Probably a bit less $$ than the Craft base layers.

JA

please bump this up all day cos if enough people see it the better for all of us…remember…we’re collecting for CHARITY with this…its not just about a cool Tee and cap…CHARITY…

Been thinking about the charity issue…some people have commented on how large organisations don’t see all the money donated go to the cause…good point.

So perhaps UNICEF are too huge…why not SAVE THE CHILDREN fund.

https://www.savechildren.net/eproject/learn_more.asp

I would love to give the money towards helping an individual child, family, village etc - something we can say…slowtwitchers did this for this person or people…that would be great.

The link above is an idea for this kind of thing…

So where is it we would place our orders for it…here?

I like ethier color and am in for 1 shirt looks great to me and I like the idea of a base layer.

Dan

I will let everyone know…at this very second in time I am in the middle of getting a company to do this for us…with help from more than a few members of the forum…fantastic support for this…

I’ll need to amend my order (change the sizes) that I originally sent you…or are you going to take a ‘final’ order? I originally thought we were going cotton…

Thanks, Andy

What are we looking at as far as shipping??? Any ideas on that???

Looks good, but I cant do tight fitting t-shirts. Maybe a hat.

Fantastic development!!!

Just spoken to Alan Romick of www.headsweats.com and he has given me a fantastic price for technical race hats. They make the hats for the Ironman brand…say no more. Here’s the deal: $5 per hat, including the embroidery of the logo for 300 hats minimum. The shipping would be about $50 to an address in the USA.

Special thanks to Chris Artibello of www.oomphsports.com for this contact. Oomph have also pledged support on the Tee-shirt front and are coming up with prices for us…so are Hincapie sports. I will post details when they come to me.

This makes each hat $5.17. When we add the postage cost and the cost of the packs to send them out in I think it’ll come to $7 total per hat. So, if we add $10 for charity on each hat they would cost around $17 each!!! Great!!!

The chosen charity for the hats is: CAF - the Challenged Athlete Foundation, as this is a favourite amongst many of you and also of the people who’re doing the hats…this has helped for the price too!

I have visualized a white one below, from their catalogue…we can have any colour.

http://www.stephenperera.com/tribe/race_hat.jpg

So, we have a price at last…we need postage prices only. This is the design, ignore the red trim…imagine this design on the above:

http://www.stephenperera.com/tribe/tribe_bcap.jpg

So, let’s get some orders in for the hats!!! Those of you who have already emailed me I will check if you wanted hats…many, I hope, will now also want hats so re-email me please!!! or Mr. Tibbs of course.

I’m looking forward to wearing the fine colors of the “Peaceful Tribe”.

Stephen, You just keep making this great idea better.
I’ll be in for a hat and at least one shirt. The race hat looks like high quality at a good price, with a nice fat fraction going to charity. Great stuff. Bill

thanks Bill…

It’s late now and I’m going home…I will connect later, from home, to see how things are going…please email hat orders on:

tribe@stephenperera.com

regardless of what you say here if not its gonna be a nightmare!!!

Bear with me on all this…I’m trying my hardest!!! and missing training too…for this…no matter, I’m a crap triathlete anyway!

Stephen, I like the look of these hats

http://www.stephenperera.com/tribe/race_hat.jpg

I don’t see any pics of the shirts though - what’s the final decision on color/style?

Thanks for putting this together.

bump…

now those is some gruvy hats…this sucks having so much to decide, oh well

BUMP!!

bump

okay…thanks for the support so far…let’s keep this hot and bump it up…

As far as the Tees go, we have quotes in from Hincapie sportswear now too…I’ll let you know soon…I’m off to bed now as its late over here…hopefully I’ll wake up to loads of hat orders too…

the quote was for 300 hats but if we only get orders for, say 50 caps then we’ll have to cancel as they have to be paid for…let’s give it a few days I guess…

Good night…

I want one!

In for a hat…was it decided that the T’s would be short-sleeve, or an option for long-sleeve?

Keith