Is tyr swim skin legal in kona (any good?)

Hi looking at the tyr swimming for kona , but it feels a lot like a wet suit
Is it legal and is it any good ?
Thanks
https://www.tyr.com/tyr-women-s-torque-pro-swimskin.html

It says it’s USAT legal, so my assumption is that it would be.

The fabric of skins can definitely feel like a wetsuit, but the key piece is that they’re a textile, not neoprene, so you get minimal buoyancy and significantly less heat retention.

Good luck in Kona!

It says it’s USAT legal, so my assumption is that it would be.

The fabric of skins can definitely feel like a wetsuit, but the key piece is that they’re a textile, not neoprene, so you get minimal buoyancy and significantly less heat retention.

Good luck in Kona!
Thanks
Yes that’s part of the reason I asked the question
As it has Yamato (spelling) on the legs which is the rubber used in wet suits ???

Thanks
As it has Yamato (spelling) on the legs which is the rubber used in wet suits ???

Yamamoto is a company, not a single product, and you are right that this company is famous mostly for the rubber used in wetsuits.

The link you’ve sent says “Yamamoto textile” if it was a wetsuit material it would say “rubber” or “neoprene”.
If it’s textile it should be ok.

The rule for swimwear in non wetsuit swims is as follow:
Swimwear must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting, and/or braiding (this generally refers to suits made only from nylon or lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene); (DSQ)

If you’re still having doubts, you could maybe email Tyr and the race organisation?

Thanks

Yamamoto is a company, not a single product, and you are right that this company is famous mostly for the rubber used in wetsuits.

The link you’ve sent says “Yamamoto textile” if it was a wetsuit material it would say “rubber” or “neoprene”.
If it’s textile it should be ok.

The rule for swimwear in non wetsuit swims is as follow:
Swimwear must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting, and/or braiding (this generally refers to suits made only from nylon or lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene); (DSQ)

If you’re still having doubts, you could maybe email Tyr and the race organisation?
Thanks