Ironman New Zealand?

Ironman New Zealand was big here When Gordo was racing and the Epic camp days… It’s on now…

Three friends from here in Michigan are racing - all made it out of the water and onto the bike.

Their pictures have been amazing…one day…

Front swim pack of 5 together in T1: McCauley, Hollioake, Kessler, Sodaro and Riveros
McCauley and Sodaro soon separated off the front and are riding together. Visser has lost a minute on them at 78km. Watkinson +7. 3 WPRO IMWC Nice slots available.
Men pack of 4 together half way through ride.

Mike Phillips putting the pressure on now and splitting up the front group.

McCauley and Sodaro soon separated off the front and are riding together. Visser has lost a minute on them at 78km. Watkinson +7.

McCauley and Sodaro now putting a lot of time into the rest of the field.

Mike Phillips putting the pressure on now and splitting up the front group.Disappointed for Currie

McCauley and Sodaro soon separated off the front and are riding together. Visser has lost a minute on them at 78km. Watkinson +7.

McCauley and Sodaro now putting a lot of time into the rest of the field.

At 104 km Sodaro was 12 seconds ahead of McCauley. At 119 km she was over four minutes down. What happened? A flat?

Ya, I’ve expected to see Currie on an upward trend since StG 2022. His social media said he has some kind of viral infection, but the day before he looks in perfect health. Are the pros really so on edge and over trained heading into race week that their immune systems are so compromised?

5 minutes seems like a drafting penalty. Not sure.

Sodaro and McKenna take the win!

Sodaro and McKenna take the win!Sodaro with a sub-2:50 run, which is her best (cf her Kona runs).

5 minutes seems like a drafting penalty. Not sure.

Or a mechanical…

Sodaro with a sub-2:50 run, which is her best (cf her Kona runs).

Course record too I believe.

Chelsea Soldaro is BACK.

Did she ever say what happened? Could’ve been a bathroom break as well.

Did she ever say what happened? Could’ve been a bathroom break as well.

Seems it was a drafting penalty.

Chelsea Soldaro is BACK.

that’s two halves and a full by march - hope she’s got some holiday planned!

Her holiday is the T100 tour.

Nice win for Mr Nerd Belt himself, Steve McKenna.

Conditions were brutal as well it looks like. Really strong race by Chelsea to get the course record. The year Adams set it it was perfect conditions.

Different run course. I didn’t run this one, but the old 3 lapper was ‘lumpy’ at the far end that is now missed off. You hug the lake more now.

Don’t get me wrong, amazing run, but always hard to compare years. Understand the bike was pretty grim, and got worse the longer you were out there, but wind would have been side on (albeit very exposed) on the run.

One other note, was great to see the videos of Cam Brown in the volunteer shirt helping in transition 2 weeks after his operation.