Ironman 70.3 Oceanside Roll Call - Racing, Supporting, or Spectating?

We will have a booth at the expo, and I will be there all three days, so come by and say hello. It always nice to put a face to ST forum names.

Are you racing, supporting, or spectating?

Great to hear Emilio! I’ll be swinging by your booth to say “hi” and picking up some new run tees and hats to add to my rotation. Oh, and I’m racing alongside the amazing group from CAF Operation Rebound. -Cliff

I’ll swing by to say hi and meet in person!

I’ll be at an off site event Joe Skipper is putting on with a live recording of his podcast with his sponsors on site: Argon 18, Evolve Aero, Wove. And we’ll raffle off some items, such as a Wove V8 saddle, to benefit Babbitt’s CAF org.

Thursday the 4th at 2:30pm at Stratford at the Harbor. Open to the public, so come by!

And I’ll be there to support Wove’s athletes: Skipper, Sam Long, Currie, Trevor Folely.
Skipper is inviting them and other pros onto his show.

I’ll swing by to say hi and meet in person!

I’ll be at an off site event Joe Skipper is putting on with a live recording of his podcast with his sponsors on site: Argon 18, Evolve Aero, Wove. And we’ll raffle off some items, such as a Wove V8 saddle, to benefit Babbitt’s CAF org.

Thursday the 4th at 2:30pm at Stratford at the Harbor.

And I’ll be there to support Wove’s athletes: Skipper, Sam Long, Currie, Trevor Folely.

Is this a public event? Can one just show up? Or is it invite only?

Yes! 100% open to the public. Updated my post as well to reflect this. We’ll have gear to check out and will be taking over the cafe to serve beverages.

Skipper, Long and Folely are all on Evolve Aero bars for Oceanside, so will have those on display in addition to Wove saddles.

Dan/Slowman is also talking to IM about getting these sorts of things on IM premises, because the opportunity for Oceanside to be a tri-specific Sea Otter type event is real and would add value to participants. I mean, it’s silly that IM ghosted us when we asked to hold this event on site, so cheers to Dan for trying to make tri expos awesome again: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...gal_Status_8897.html

and love Emilio being in the expo, and will be sure to swing by and chat about his saddle cover, that saddle/short survey we helped him with, and to support those companies making the expo awesome.

Yes! 100% open to the public. Updated my post as well to reflect this. We’ll have gear to check out and will be taking over the cafe to serve beverages.

Skipper, Long and Folely are all on Evolve Aero bars for Oceanside, so will have those on display in addition to Wove saddles.

Dan/Slowman is also talking to IM about getting these sorts of things on IM premises, because the opportunity for Oceanside to be a tri-specific Sea Otter type event is real and would add value to participants. I mean, it’s silly that IM ghosted us when we asked to hold this event on site, so cheers to Dan for trying to make tri expos awesome again: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...gal_Status_8897.html

Sweet!! I’ll be there then. I love these kinds of events, and Skipper looks like a real fun guy to listen to.

Great to hear Emilio! I’ll be swinging by your booth to say “hi” and picking up some new run tees and hats to add to my rotation. Oh, and I’m racing alongside the amazing group from CAF Operation Rebound. -Cliff

Sounds good, we will have caps for sure, but we will only be bringing race necessities, so if there are any products you want me to bring, like tech tees, or anything else, tell me the color design and size and I will bring them for you.

Can you bring a retro stripe and a hive honeycomb in men’s S?

It seems that there are many people familiar with your race kits, cycling bibs, and 2-piece wetsuits. I’m not sure how many of them are aware of just how damn good your run tees are though. Maybe they’re in on this secret like I am, but in case they aren’t, it would be shame to miss a chance to evangelize the masses with some run tees to take home with them from your expo booth this week.

Our daughter who just moved to PB will be volunteering in T1. I’ll tell her to come by and meet you.

The next weekend we will be out there . . . she is racing one last time at Club Nationals in Mission Viejo.

I’ll be there racing. Holding it down for the BOP crew. I’ll stop by, say hello, and get one for the 'gram with you.

Can you bring a retro stripe and a hive honeycomb in men’s S?

It seems that there are many people familiar with your race kits, cycling bibs, and 2-piece wetsuits. I’m not sure how many of them are aware of just how damn good your run tees are though. Maybe they’re in on this secret like I am, but in case they aren’t, it would be shame to miss a chance to evangelize the masses with some run tees to take home with them from your expo booth this week.

Thanks for the review of the Skin Cooler tech tees. I sent you a PM.

*Participating 😂
We’ll see if my “give a fuck” shows up and I actually race.
I will
Also do the Carlsbad 5000 the next morning as is tradition for me

Our daughter who just moved to PB will be volunteering in T1. I’ll tell her to come by and meet you.

The weekend we will be out there . . . she is racing one last time at Club Nationals in Mission Viejo.

Hey David,

That would be nice. We live just north of PB in La Jolla. Question is when will I get to see you in person?!!

I’ll be there racing. Holding it down for the BOP crew. I’ll stop by, say hello, and get one for the 'gram with you.

the 'gram?

I was supposed to be on my flight to San Diego today to go race, but had to go in for a small medical procedure which means I can’t race so close to the date. I was really looking forward to being back in Oceanside for the first time since 2013. Trying to see if Ironman will give me a deferral to 2025

Racing! First race back since my heart attack 16 months ago. Looking forward to getting back on the course, even if I’ll be a lot slower than the last time. Also my first Oceanside.

the 'gram?

Instagram. I have at least three followers who are dying to know what’s new in the world of really really slow triathletes. @ is the same as here.

I’ll be in my usual spot, Volunteering at finish line VIP tent on race day, but will also stop by the expo to say hello to all my friends!
Would love to stop by the Wove event as well.
Karen

Karen! I’ll send my daughter Annecy over to meet you. She is volunteering in T1. I’ll send a hug to you through her!

Emilio,

I just Googled and read your family story. How wonderful. https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/lifestyle/people/sdut-cubans-mark-53rd-year-of-american-dream-2015oct06-story.html