IMAZ in 90 days and just got a cold

Looking for some pick me up motivation and reassurance that I have enough time to recover lol. I have IMAZ coming up and I’ve been training since last November. Recently completed OH 70.3 in July as a build up/training and I was personally pleased with my time of 5:30 especially as it was my first and being 41. My kids are back at school and of course I got sick…,fortunately this week is a recovery week but I have a long run planned for Sunday. Hoping to kick this cold quick so I can stay on track for November.

Tons of time, nothing to worry about. It’s about consistency over time and not any particular workout or even week of workouts

1 Like

You’ve been training since November & knocked out a solid 70.3 in July. Don’t worry about it & don’t worry about trying to make up for lost time. Get back into training with some easier sessions & bring the harder stuff back in when you’re ready. You’ve got tons of time.

2 Likes

You have kids and you expect not to get colds 8 times a year?

Well, no, but they are 12 and 15 so it has slowed down since they were toddlers :rofl:

90 days, you got time to get sick a couple more times, and even a minor injury or two. Get a cold 10 days out, then you can come here to complain… (-;

1 Like

After a fever has broke, when do you all feel it’s ok to get back at it?

Go easy 24h after last fever symptoms, then full throttle. 3 weeks is super fine. You will do well.

I raced Ironman twice at the peak of a pneumonia … I can´t recommend that however :upside_down_face:

1 Like