I'm dreading the upcoming SCOTUS ruling on Covfefe immunity

They are going to rescue him. Aren’t they?

I see a middle of the road action that buys him time. Kick it back to the lower court to answer some questions, like what actions were within the scope of his job and which were not?

They can’t say the President is immune from everything.

On a certain level, I cannot understand why there is even any debate at all regarding the law and POTUS. How did this even become a thing?

Oral arguments were simply mindboggling to me.

I see a middle of the road action that buys him time. Kick it back to the lower court to answer some questions, like what actions were within the scope of his job and which were not?

This is Trump’s best case scenario. Worst case for him is that he wins outright and Biden brings a gun to the next debate.

This is Trump’s best case scenario. Worst case for him is that he wins outright and Biden brings a gun to the next debate.
Genius!

We can always hope for just such a case!!

You need a pacifer? They aren’t giving anyone absolute immunity

Oh that’s bad news. Given you are always wrong about everything this means t***p wins

You need a pacifier? They aren’t giving anyone absolute immunity

Certainly not. But what they will do is just as good. They will send it back to the lower courts and there is zero chance this goes to trial before the election.

Then he will either be president again and he’ll shut it down or he’ll be private citizen Trump who, by the time this gets to trial, will be declared not fit to stand trial.

Certainly not. But what they will do is just as good. They will send it back to the lower courts and there is zero chance this goes to trial before the election.

Then he will either be president again and he’ll shut it down or he’ll be private citizen Trump who, by the time this gets to trial, will be declared not fit to stand trial.

If he loses the election and can’t get anyone to insurrect on his behalf again, I expect that he will suddenly become an invalid who isn’t able to take care of himself except for the few days a week when he plays golf. Kind of like Harvey Weinstein.

If he loses the election and can’t get anyone to insurrect on his behalf again, I expect that he will suddenly become an invalid who isn’t able to take care of himself except for the few days a week when he plays golf. Kind of like Harvey Weinstein.

Isn’t that already the case?

The leader of your party burns taxpayer funds to clog the courts with these stupid cases. He does it because he knows that people like you will never question him but attack anyone who does.

So they reject his immunity claim and then he gets a trial and you’re against that? What you want no due process ala the Star Chamber?

So they reject his immunity claim and then he gets a trial and you’re against that? What you want no due process ala the Star Chamber?

When did I say I would be against a trial?

Come on. You know that the purpose of the appeal, and the delay by SCOTUS is to make sure that he doesn’t get to trial. If he wins - he will never go to trial.

Well you seem to think rejecting immunity and sending it back to a lower court is bad

Well you seem to think rejecting immunity and sending it back to a lower court is bad

They should rule that he absolutely does not have immunity. It doesn’t need to go back to a lower court. They never should have taken this up, it’s absurd.

All they are doing is fucking around and wasting time for your Dear Leader.

Come on. You know that the purpose of the appeal, and the delay by SCOTUS is to make sure that he doesn’t get to trial. If he wins - he will never go to trial.

Windy still likes to pretend that the GOP, and the conservatives on SCOTUS for that matter, haven’t turned into the shit show they are. He should have done what JSA did when the writing was on the wall and slunk away quietly, after the years of Obama-bashing.

They should rule that he absolutely does not have immunity. It doesn’t need to go back to a lower court. They never should have taken this up, it’s absurd.

I’d ask your wife if she agrees with you about them not taking it … this position is novel and the ramifications could be extraordinary…this gives them a chance to strike down the absolute immunity question BEFORE the verdict comes in

I’d ask your wife if she agrees with you about them not taking it … this position is novel and the ramifications could be extraordinary…this gives them a chance to strike down the absolute immunity question BEFORE the verdict comes in

The lower court wrote the perfect response to the absurd claim. All SCOTUS had to do was say, yeah, what they said.

But they wanted to fuck around because this is all part of the game right Justice Alito?